Talk

Advanced search

To be laughing quite hard that Dp has had his facebook Deactivated

(19 Posts)
Mamazon Fri 02-Oct-09 18:44:42

especially as he has absolutly no idea why?

I was looking at facebook earlier and noticed that he had poked me but for some reason his name had shown up as black.
whenever i tried to click on his name nothing happened and he was no longer on my firnds list.

for a moment i thought he had deleted me angry but then i saw that he simply no longer existed on facebook.

I text him and asked him nad he had no idea what i was talking about. He got home and tried logging in and it says that he has had his account deactivated for a breach of their codes of practice but they dont explain what it is he is meant to have done.

He has no idea what he could have done to cause this to happen.
I think maybe an ex work colleague of his that i fell out with ( found out she was being very rude about me and gave her a few home truths so she got angry at him(no idea why) may have had something to do with it. maybe she reported him for swearing at her or something...he hasn#'t but she is a bit mental so anythings possible.

I am finding it quite funny but i think he is a bit miffed that they have acted like this for no apparent reason and he apparently has no way of finding out.

he did have a lot of old school/work friends so i think he is a little sad.

but im still laughing rather unkindly

Anniegetyourgun Fri 02-Oct-09 18:59:08

Facebook is evil.

2shoes Fri 02-Oct-09 19:04:20

you are a meanie, he sounds so nice.
go sit on the naughty step

Mamazon Fri 02-Oct-09 19:05:54

I am a meanie. but it is funny.

he is trying to pretend it doesn't bother him but i think he is a little more annoyed than he cares to admit.

pinknosedevereux Fri 02-Oct-09 19:06:06

Facebook is evil I do not want my ex's getting in touch with me.

DandyLioness Fri 02-Oct-09 19:08:40

Message withdrawn

chimchar Fri 02-Oct-09 19:11:19

my facebook friend had her account deactivated for a few days i think because she had a grahic photo of her sucking some -guys dick in a comprimising situation which someone had reported.... she's back on now. not sure if she registered in a new name (added her middle name) or was allowed back after deleting the pic.

wannaBe Fri 02-Oct-09 19:13:59

I would be a bit suspicious too.

Because I very much doubt that they would just deactivate an account on the say-so of someone who had a grudge.

If she made alagations about his conduct on there they would be able to varify that even if offensive messages/content had been deleted.

RealityIsAnAuntie Fri 02-Oct-09 19:16:03

Message withdrawn

ScaryFucker Fri 02-Oct-09 19:34:45

do you know summat about that reality ?

< pricks ears up >

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Fri 02-Oct-09 19:37:10

<nosily marking her place>

Mamazon Fri 02-Oct-09 20:36:43

I was sat with him when he tried logging on.
he got a very basic you've been deactivated message which he then had to click the FAQ's for a more in depth explanation.
It basically said that he could have been deleted for various reasons but none of which he seems to think he has done.
he certainly doesn't have any rude or violant photo's, he isn't mis representign himself and he hasn't been abusing or harrassing anyone.

he really doesn't have a clue as to why and Facebook aren't offering up any explanation either.

Pikelit Fri 02-Oct-09 22:53:46

Oh shyte! I thought it was mildly amusing to ask about the condition of a friend's plump pussy the other day - Cat is pregnant!- and message disappeared into some sort of Facebook ether. I hope it isn't their Bastards Book.

Pikelit Fri 02-Oct-09 22:54:41

PS. Would be sniggering, unhelpfully, about someone else's deactivation though.

petetong Fri 02-Oct-09 22:59:14

My dh has a facebook account that he has said that none of us are allowed to accept him as friends on. Hopefully he will soon be evacuated or whatever happens, and I will laugh my head off. grin

Hando Fri 02-Oct-09 23:37:29

petetong - I would be asking an awful lot of questions and being very suspicious if my dp had an account which he didn't want to friend me on!

petetong Fri 02-Oct-09 23:44:54

I might feel that way in normal circumstances but we have a very unusual name and I have looked at his profile and he has no friends at all. Must admit that if I couldn't check up on it I might have been asking questions.

BiteOfFun Fri 02-Oct-09 23:48:25

Has he posted any pics of juicy oranges lately at all? <<innocent>>

UnquietDad Fri 02-Oct-09 23:49:01

Saying "facebook is evil" is like saying "the telephone is evil" or "electricity is evil" or "books are evil". Just because some people use it for nefarious purposes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now