Talk

Advanced search

To want DH to make the crap phonecalls?

(7 Posts)
lavenderkate Fri 02-Oct-09 18:25:04

Yes I know I sound like a coward, but now DH has changed his mind about hiring a man to paint the kitchen and hall and now I have to ring him up and say 'sorry, we cant go ahead after all." blush After spending 10 mins tonight discussing the walls with him!

Its simply lack of funds this month, but that's not the point.

The point is he makes me make all the crap phonecalls to Bank/painter/plumber etc.

We already had huge row over this? angryBut should I stick to my guns and make him ring the painter?

chickbean Fri 02-Oct-09 21:10:34

I know how you feel - my husband is currently saying that we can't have a loft conversion if the unexpected installation of sprinklers takes the price over a certain level - but I'm the one who has had all the dealings with the builders and, to this point, has been assuring them that we do want them to do the job. Aargh! Fingers crossed that we can go ahead because I really don't want to have to cancel. Don't know what to suggest though, as we haven't had the conversation yet.

Jackin Fri 02-Oct-09 21:16:35

If he doesn't want to make the call, tell him to paint the walls himself?

PricklyVelvet Fri 02-Oct-09 21:59:46

he changed his mind, so make him bloody ring the painter!

Jackin Fri 02-Oct-09 22:02:51

He should do his fair share of the phone calls, you have an equal partnership don't you?
hmm

Wineonafridaynight Fri 02-Oct-09 22:06:43

hmmm...he should ring for sure. However will he put it off and put it off to the point where the painter will turn up?! In which case it may just be easier to do it yourself and explain that finances mean it isn't possible right now.

However YANBU - he should do his fair share!!!

BettySwollux Fri 02-Oct-09 22:41:01

OP, are you married to my DH? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now