Talk

Advanced search

to ask profssionals to gel

(11 Posts)
tykes4eva Fri 02-Oct-09 08:18:41

their hands when they come in my house to see my 1yo ds?
with the flu season about to break out, i dont want him to cath anything so asking them to use some alcohol gel when they come in is not that unreasonable is it?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 02-Oct-09 08:21:52

yanbu

I get dh and dd (11) to wash their hands properly when coming in from school.

all those mucky, virus ridden kids - yeurghh.

I want to minimise bugs for me never mind for a 1 year old.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 02-Oct-09 08:23:25

In fact I would say the bathroom is through there for handwashing and not say anything else.

HP's know to wash their hands and are usually happy with being offered the facilities to do it.

123andaway Fri 02-Oct-09 08:36:56

Does your DS have health problems that would make him more suseptable to bugs? If so then YANBU.

If he's a normal healthy 1 year old then YABU.

tiredemma Fri 02-Oct-09 08:42:33

Much better to ask them to wash their hands at your sink. Alcohol gel on dirty hands is pointless.

tykes4eva Fri 02-Oct-09 09:39:45

hes healthy in the conventional sence but he has cp and has previously suffered fits. and i just know that when he gets a bad infection he will have febrile (sp) convultions so i'm trying to wrap him in cotton wool as much as i can.
the think is i know they at least gel their hand after seeing children when they see them in hospital grounds so surely they should when they come to someones house?

Avendesora Fri 02-Oct-09 13:26:35

YANBU

PeachyTentativelyPosting Fri 02-Oct-09 13:29:45

Kids with Cpare vulnerable to things like flu aren't they?

YANBU but flu is a virus and not all hand gelsmake any difference to that anyway

Would follow the handwashing suggestion

Pikelit Fri 02-Oct-09 13:30:21

Just ask, politely, if they'd wash their hands and direct them to the facilities.

corriefan Fri 02-Oct-09 13:42:52

Definitely just say. There were signs all over the hospital where my sister had her baby recently saying "it's fine to check" or something more catchy. Even if it isn't necessary they'll want you to feel comfortable.

tykes4eva Fri 02-Oct-09 16:12:11

if not all gel works then I will offer then the downstairs loo facilities,its not like its out of their way, thanks alot x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now