Talk

Advanced search

to think this CM won't get much business ?

(10 Posts)
katiestar Wed 30-Sep-09 14:50:38

Was on a course recently with a prospective CM who has 4 Rottweilers in a small terraced house with back yard.She has told OFSTED she will keep them outside while she is minding , but still it would scare the life out of me !

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 30-Sep-09 14:52:38

Yes. Wouldn't appeal to me either.

but if the dogs are in a securely fenced off area, then realistically it's not going to be a problem.

however, if they are loose in the back yard, then that means that the children won't be able to play there, won't it?

And I assume the dogs won't get walked while she's minding, unless of course there's someone else to do it?

Wilts Wed 30-Sep-09 14:52:44

My childminder has two Rottweilers- they are NEVER in the house when she childminds.

It is a bit disconcerting when you pull up in the drive and two large heads appear at their run though grin

valhala Wed 30-Sep-09 15:08:06

She wouldn't get my business if she left her dogs in an outside run all day, ignored and unwalked. Poor creatures.

pigletmania Wed 30-Sep-09 15:15:13

no no no I would never consider that childminder at all. Not ONE but four blooming Rotwillers, wheres OFSTED when you need them. Its an elf and saftey risk

twigsblankets Wed 30-Sep-09 18:42:15

OP reminds me of how my friends daughter is determined to be a CM, but I am not sure she would get any many mindees.

She lives in a house with her father, who tinkers with bike engines in every room of the house including kitchen and lounge. There's oil in every room in the house, as well as the bathroom, where he cleans bike engine bits, not to mention the filth in the house.
Father smokes in the house, and garden is covered in crap engine bits and pieces.

My friend's daughter complains that the whole house is filthy, pubic hairs in the bath and basin, and grime everywhere. <<boak>>

Neither of them ever hoover or dust, let alone 'clean' anything.

I might also mention that the daughter has an unhealthy obsession with all things baby, but doesn't like to venture out of the house, can't drive but is physically unable to walk any distance either, has no experience with children/young babies apart from that which she had at her college placement, and a 3yr old nephew, who she doesn't see regularly.
She also hasn't seen fit to follow rules, preferring to implement her own, ie: whilst at nursery placement, she was told that if a child doesn't eat all their lunch, remaining uneaten lunch to be put back in lunchbox for parents to see what their child has/hasn't eaten that day. Friends daughter thought this highly unfair, since in her opinion, some children were being given too much to eat, so she threw away remainders of childrens lunch. shock
She also refused to let a child at placement go to the bathroom to wash her hands, even though the child was apparently very distressed at being unable to do so, because friends daughter didn't think the child's hands were dirty. shock

This was all whilst on college placement, and therefore whilst she was training.

When she asked me if I would leave my DD with her, I said No. grin

Firawla Wed 30-Sep-09 18:45:23

yanbu
no way i would leave my dc in any house with even one dog let alone 4 rottweilers, many people will be put off

Marioandluigi Wed 30-Sep-09 19:21:38

YANBU - I wouldnt!

Lulumama Wed 30-Sep-09 19:26:19

YANBU

4 dogs outside all day.. they are going to barksurely? and arent children supposed to have outdoor play?

would be terrified that the dogs would be in teh house and 4 rottweillers and seveal small children seems a bad idea

GirlsAreLOud Wed 30-Sep-09 19:26:42

No way would I ever leave my child there.

Esp as valhala says if she treats her dogs that poorly - locked in a back garden of a small terace house. Poor things. That most recent story where a toddler was killed by a rotty involved a dog that had been left in the garden and not walked for months.

Accident waiting to happen, I'm surprised the poor things haven't got so frustrated they've turned on each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now