Talk

Advanced search

to ask for books?

(13 Posts)
LittleSilver Wed 30-Sep-09 13:42:38

DD3 is being christened next month. Am just aout to send out invitations and was wondering if it is ok/acceptable/very rude to rite something along the lines of "the most important thing is sharing the day ith family and friends, but if you should ish to give Baby DD3 a gift then please could you give her a copy of a book you enjoyed as a child, with a not in the front saying why you liked it?

LittleSilver Wed 30-Sep-09 13:43:41

that is "write", not "rite".

blametheparents Wed 30-Sep-09 13:44:00

Sounds like a lovely idea to me.

blametheparents Wed 30-Sep-09 13:44:39

Beware though - you are likely to get quite a lot of duplicates

SugarMagrundy Wed 30-Sep-09 13:44:42

that's a brilliant idea. YANBU

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Wed 30-Sep-09 13:44:50

YANBU, that's a lovely idea! Most people will buy a gift anyway and you will otherwise end up with a mountain of teddies and silver money boxes!

Iklboo Wed 30-Sep-09 13:46:21

That's a brilliant idea. I love getting books. DH always buys me a book for my birthday and Christmas and it's great curling up with a glass of wine cuppa and a brand spanking new book

Jamieandhismagictorch Wed 30-Sep-09 13:47:13

Good idea

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 30-Sep-09 13:48:54

Id love to buy a child a book as a christening gift - I hate the usual silver crap! Maybe say somehthing about wanting to build up a library of books loved by those who love her (or him)?

ILoveStripeySocks Wed 30-Sep-09 13:50:35

ha ha I am now trying to think what book I would give in this instance grin I think it would have to be "The Tiger Who Came to Tea"!

groundhogs Wed 30-Sep-09 18:48:34

Hmm, The Tiger who came to tea.. I didn't think much of that, sorry stripey..

Now Plop the Barn Owl (The Owl that was afraid of the Dark) now that's another story..

Outstanding, truly outstanding idea OP.. Any duplicates you can perhaps donate to a childrens hospital....

Hulababy Wed 30-Sep-09 18:55:46

I think it is a lovely idea.

MintyCane Wed 30-Sep-09 18:58:21

lovely idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now