Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

For wanting the cukoo clock turned off?

(11 Posts)
TellAnyone Wed 30-Sep-09 11:06:55

I have a fear of birds and I just do not like them at all. The noise and thought of them sends shivers down my spine.

Anyway, DP has this cukkoo clock and I hate it. It's old fashioned and gorey but I did say I didn't expect him to take it down for my benefit. He did say however that he would turn it off so that I didn't have to listen to wing flapping and bird noises.

So we went for a few months with it turned off and then my mum visited one day and he said he'd turn it on for her as she likes old fashioned stuff hmm

So I said "yeah ok, but we'll turn it off again later, yeah?" and he agreed.

So she came and went, I turned off the clock as soon as she'd gone.

However since then I keep finding it switched on. He's turning it on whenever he finds it off and I hate the fucking thing. If I had my way, it would be in the bin but I try and compromise by not whinging about it being up, as long as it's not turned on.

AIBU for thinking he's being a selfish arsehole by constantly turning it on when he knows how much I hate it? I'm supposed to live here too.

Can you not take the back off and break something in the mechanism and then deny all knowledge?

GentleOtter Wed 30-Sep-09 11:19:24

Tell him you fancied a change as you were sick of looking at the clock and replace it with another. Don't they 'cuckoo' every 15 minutes? To heck with that.
No YANBU.

TellAnyone Wed 30-Sep-09 11:20:23

I could take a hammer to the bloody thing and say I slipped ...

I know it sounds petty but it really pisses me off. Everything has to be "his way", all the pictures up are ones HE wants, if I say I want something up he says there's no room yet he can always find room for his shit.

TellAnyone Wed 30-Sep-09 11:23:04

Ok I just text him "who keeps turning that awful clock on? it's driving me nuts"

He replied "I don't know, just turn it off and the noise will stop"

wtf, of course he knows who's doing it, HE'S doing it! I'm not fucking stupid.

Oh and he then asked if I'd like some wine bringing in as a treat later hmm how guilty.

So I text back "I keep turning it off and someone keeps turning it back on. I'd hate it to get 'broken'"

I feel like I'm being a bit of a diva but I just hate the thing so much.

funwithfondue Wed 30-Sep-09 14:13:00

I am planning to buy several cuckoo clocks for all my family this Christmas, after moving to Switzerland this year.

This thread is making me wonder whether they'll be appreciated...

herjazz Wed 30-Sep-09 14:17:13

don't do it it funwithfondue

god they are ghastly

OP - yanbu. I would rip the bastard cuckoo out the clockhouse, yank the whole thing off the wall and jump up and down on it. That prolly would be a tad unreasonable

Geocentric Wed 30-Sep-09 14:20:13

I hate any clock that makes a noise on a regular basis (inclusing my alarm clock grin). Take it down to "clean" it and accidentally break something important. Then you can say "but look how clean it is, darling!" <flutter eyelashes>

funwithfondue Wed 30-Sep-09 14:27:07

But I've been eyeing them up for months!

I thought people would like them... typical age range: 4, 26, 55, 85.

Maybe I should opt for cow bells instead.

GentleOtter Wed 30-Sep-09 15:41:44

Well if your dh thinks it is switching on mysteriously then the thing is obviously possessed by demon cuckoos and ought to be removed immediately before they breed and make a mess all over the walls and furniture.

Geocentric Wed 30-Sep-09 15:43:36

It should be submerged in a bathtub to exorcise the demon cuckoos...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now