Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why my son has been sent a 'patient date update survey' on his smoking and drinking habits??

(10 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Wed 30-Sep-09 09:24:59

Message withdrawn

blueshoes Wed 30-Sep-09 09:31:25

Just call the surgery and tell them they need to filter who they send the survey to by age. You'd think it was obvious though.

Probably just oversight. Or possibly to ensure the integrity of the survey, they don't want to self-select on any criteria, including age, age being one of the questions asked in the survey.

I would not get riled about it. It is not as if your ds will be reading it.

groundhogs Wed 30-Sep-09 09:32:07

I had this form given to me at the surgery once (DS was a couple of months old) and I just gave it back thinking 'surely they can't be serious..' but you know how daft this administrationally obsessed NHS is..

I had to fill it in, FGS.

They posted this to you? well, I'd be inclined to write a letter back and ask if they could find any more logical ways to spend money so desperately needed elsewhere, such aas patient care??

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Wed 30-Sep-09 09:33:16

I got one of those for DD when she was about 2 months old. I just filled it in, highlighted her date of birth and sent it back. Not sure why I didn't just bin it tbh.

Tortington Wed 30-Sep-09 09:33:22

please fill it in and send it back - would be so funny

blueshoes Wed 30-Sep-09 09:36:05

I think better to bin than send in and skew the results.

Highlighting the age is sensible, but the robots at the other end would just punch in the info without registering.

needmorehoursinaweek Wed 30-Sep-09 09:40:22

Friend had to go into our surgery a few years back to enquire why her DH had had a letter calling him in for a cervical smear.

queenofdenial2009 Wed 30-Sep-09 12:58:27

If you're wondering why, it's because GPs can get more money from the NHS if they can show they have this information. GPs are self-emplpoyed business people, not NHS employees. They provide services to the NHS, i.e. primary healthcare and are extremely well rewarded for it. The average salary is £100k, believe me they can afford a stamp.

blueberryscone Wed 30-Sep-09 13:01:10

My son who is 6 has a message on the back of his repeat prescription asking about his 'smoking status' odd really as he is asthmatic. But it must be a general thing they put on the back of everyones prescription.

Southwestwhippet Wed 30-Sep-09 13:06:52

My mother got invited for a 12 week pregnancy scan about 3 months ago. She was little surprised as she is 50, menopausal and had her tubes tied after her 5th child. grin

Turns out invitation was meant for me, we lived at the same address. I was also surprised TBH as had told midwife I didn't want a dating scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now