Talk

Advanced search

I am turning 30 tomorrow...

(8 Posts)
MichKit Mon 28-Sep-09 11:45:34

... and having a depressive moment right now. Please come and tell me IABU!

Oh and some nice funnies would be useful too!

MintyCane Mon 28-Sep-09 11:53:23

You are being unreasonable you are a mere baby - go out and have fun ! grin

isoldeone Mon 28-Sep-09 12:01:08

30's so much better than 20's

20's -downside- series of depressing relationships some long term some short, badly paid jobs, living in freezing cold rented houses oop north, no money , paying off student debts, no dress sense, having to go out on a saturday night cos felt it was too sad to stay in - result got fat on drink. Generally immature and under neath lack of confidence. Smoked too much
upside - did travel a lot, had some escapades

30's - jobs became career, debts paid off , lived in own house with central heating , met decent bloke ( STILL IN HIS 20'S LOL) after kissing all those frogs, aquired age appropriate dress sense, got married , live in own house with central heating , lost weight after deciding to get off arse and do something about it which came with confidence that comes with getting older and wiser and learning from mistakes, gave up smoking and drinking far too much, had much wanted baby recently and very content.

downside : getting wrinkles and worrying about turning 40 as that seems reeeally old wink
would love to get a holiday - impossible at mo!!

GrimmaTheNome Mon 28-Sep-09 12:14:15

YABU.

You'll be a proper grown-up at last.

I'm 48 and really not very wrinkly at all... possibly because I spent absolutely none of my 30s worrying about their imminent appearance. I don't feel at all old so 30 is obviously very youthful!

I got ID'd in the US when I was 35 and jetlagged when I tried to order a drink in the US once.

stickylittlefingers Mon 28-Sep-09 12:22:35

It's fine - someone French and famous said a woman is not truly beautiful til after she's 30 - and it's true!

Happy Birthday in advance!

YorkshireTeaDrinker Mon 28-Sep-09 12:24:18

Perhaps a tiny bit unreasonable. I felt pretty dismayed on the eve of entering my 30s - it felt like I was leaving my youth behind! However, now that I have settled into my 30s I agree with isoldeone, you are wiser, more confident and generally have higher standards. 30s are a much better place to be.

piprabbit Mon 28-Sep-09 12:26:48

I loved turning 30 - I felt like I was finally settled in my own skin. I realised that I'd stopped worrying about what others thought about me (which is very liberating).
Being 20 is a bit pants - all that rushing around and frantically aspiring to stuff... is my career good enough? do I earn enough? when will I be able to buy a house? Am I trendy enough? Why are my friends cooler than me? Is that my first wrinle?

Being 30 is a lot calmer.

However, I am feeling less relaxed about turning 40 next year sad.

piprabbit Mon 28-Sep-09 12:27:14

Sorry - wrinkle not wrinle blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now