Talk

Advanced search

To believe pampers are brainwashing our children.

(15 Posts)
boundarybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 11:36:08

Everytime that 'Simply Dry' advert comes on - the one that plays alouette - DS nearly breaks his neck craning to see the TV. He is then frozen in time until the advert stops. Have Pampers done something to make babies pay attention so their parents' attention is drawn to the advert, or are they in fact recruiting a grand army of mini soldiers who will gradually attain world domination (presumably via the use of absorbant materials)??

Only time will tell........

IdrisTheDragon Mon 28-Sep-09 11:37:20

What happens if you play that tune without the advert being on? Is it the tune or the advert attracting him I wonder.

electra Mon 28-Sep-09 11:40:37

lol grin

IdrisTheDragon Mon 28-Sep-09 11:41:26

Sorry by the way - I do know this is a light hearted thread grin

boundarybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 12:25:00

Light-hearted?? I am deadly serious! grin

BTW I tred singing but he laughed at me. Which is a fair reaction to my singing actually.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 28-Sep-09 12:42:30

DS2 becomes frozen at the tv when 2 adverts come on...
Meerkat one
and the other is where the guy shouts "green army"

he has taken to walking around saying "gee Army"

And "meeat" which I assume is meerkat lol.

AvrilH Mon 28-Sep-09 12:57:03

Is that the one about "golden sleep", i.e. sleeping in your own piss? I wonder if that will become a widely used euphemism, e.g. "great-grandad enjoyed a golden sleep last night?...

DD is obsessed with the direct line advert

missmama Mon 28-Sep-09 13:06:41

Dont grin
My older 2 sing insurance phone numbers

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 28-Sep-09 13:13:18

DS likes that one with the organic cows and their milk. Also he loved 'Homebuyer Man' who thankfully seems to have disappeared!!

pmsl (not literally) at 'Golden Sleep' - I had been wondering why sleep is worth gold, and now I know!!

boundarybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 13:18:58

DS is obsessed with Direct Line as well. He doesn't even drive!

An that bloody Dell advert 'Lollipop, lollipop...'. Bet the real Dell factory isn't that happy clappy.

lucysnowe Tue 29-Sep-09 09:47:28

It's in Poland, apparently...

lucysnowe Tue 29-Sep-09 09:49:48

It's in Poland, apparently...

AvrilH Tue 29-Sep-09 09:50:08

I've never been to Poland, but now have an interesting image of it... grin

weegiemum Tue 29-Sep-09 09:52:45

I heard the "cocopops" tune in the background the other day adn wandered into the lounge singing "I'd rather have a bowl of coco pops" to be corrected "muuuuuuum, its Mega Munchers"

Am so out of date .....

sockmonkey Tue 29-Sep-09 10:06:35

DS1 keeps telling me to buy vanish... and cilit bang. "You'd like that wouldn't you Mummy?" ...er no
I am not a good mother if I don't insure against stains wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now