CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 10:43:48

i do though.
Lazy sods
let em walk a bit.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 28-Sep-09 10:44:02

Lolz.

You are joking, aren't you?

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 10:46:11

I would say between 8pm & 7.30am okay but it really pisses me off when I go to Tesco at 8am and they're all full of swanky sports cars with zero car seats!

MrsBadger Mon 28-Sep-09 10:46:36

anyone shopping with a child after 7pm needs all the help they can get...

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 10:47:00

Hello CNyle

I thought it was 6 o'clock last time?

Ah but have had namechange myself, nevcer mind, YABU becuase the sign says no and not being a lazy sod you can walk a bit.

What you wanted? grin

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 10:47:30

I also think that young children accompanied by 2 adults should be banned after 8.30pm I go in the evening to get away from dc not to see more of them.

CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 10:47:40

well done reddy wink

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 28-Sep-09 10:48:19

Here, here, CarGirl.

CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 10:48:39

I remember going into a restaurant at lunchtime sans kids syaing to the waiter "DONT SIT ME NEAR KIDS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as i had nOt got mine wiht me

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 10:50:08

I park in them anyway, and I do have a red sports car (awaits banning from MN). However I tend to go the supermarket in the evening, not at weekends in daytime, am not mad.

Never seen the point of M&T toddler parking. If you want some more room to get a car seat out etc, straddle two spaces.

CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 10:50:57

I saw the point of it when i had tinies
but sheesh
take em to bed already

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 10:53:30

I always go on M&T parking outrage threads and say I park in them sans child.

I don't see why people get so het up about them tbh.

Anyway dd is a teenager now so all this kind of stuff seems like a distant dream, tbh.

Jumente Mon 28-Sep-09 10:53:51

anyone shopping after 7pm with a child probably needs them more than most because the child is probably unwell and they've ahd to drag them out to get bloody calpol at midnight or whatever.

Don't be so silly.

CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 10:54:11

kerching

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 10:54:37

The BIG mistake with P & T spaces is that they put them by the front door!! You can't straddle 2 spaces in our car parks - there aren't enough spaces!!!!

What also seems crazy is that they take away all the trolleys from the P&T spaces when actually it would be better to leave some there so you don't have to go and get one with your dc in tow/leaving them in the car.

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 10:55:40

After having too many cases of twatty drivers park up close so I can't get the ds'sstrapped in I do now try and use them when I can

If I cannot, so be it.

The main point of them IMVHO is so that tossers with a sense of entitlement can park in them and leave the disabled spaces alone.

Bloody handy when you're PG with a huge bump though <<remembers getting stuck between car and wall incident,shudders what it would have been like if it had been someone elses car in a public space>>

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 10:57:56

I also remember one horrendous pregnancy bump couldn't get into car incidence, had to get someone skinny to come and move me car for me!

GrimmaTheNome Mon 28-Sep-09 10:58:58

Taking a baby for a ride in trolley followed by car ride is ideal bedtime routine isn't it? From what I remember of DD it would have been about the only way to get her asleep by 8pm! grin[but seriously!]

MrsSantosisafeminist Mon 28-Sep-09 11:00:39

I feel sorry for obviously tired kids in supermarkets late (after about 8pm) but cannot be bothered to be judgemental about it... life too short etc, mine watch too much telly, don't do craft at home etc (we're all a bit crap at parenting one way or another to paraphrase Philip Larkin) and I put them to bed at 7pm as much for my sanity as theirs grin

However, seeing childfree/teenager-only cars in P&T spaces makes me rethink my whole position on the death penalty grin YBU

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 28-Sep-09 11:02:07

I got wedged in my car as well when I was pg with dd...in the dr's surgery. I had to phone the reception and say, "Oh...hi....you see that really fat woman stuck in between the wall and her car? Yeah....that's me.....HALP HALP!!!"

blush

I reckon M&T spaces should either be:
a) Right at the back of the car park so GetOrfMyLand tossers in sports cars don't park in them cause they're closest to the doors.

or

b) Scrapped entirely and all spaces made wider.

lanismum Mon 28-Sep-09 11:03:03

Someone in an Audi tt (no kids) parked next to us in a child space the other day, while I was getting the baby out dd2 drew on it in orange crayon blush thats the best reason not to park in them grin

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 28-Sep-09 11:03:22

Oops, forgot my <<gavel>>

grin

CarGirl Mon 28-Sep-09 11:03:36

I vote for b would be so much simpler.

I was so glad when my youngest started pre-school I can now shop in the daytime sans dc grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now