Talk

Advanced search

To find weekends more trying than weekdays?

(11 Posts)
HateTheHoover Sun 27-Sep-09 16:59:54

I find myself dreading weekends. We have a small house and 2 children. DH has lots of hobbies which take up a lot of space on the weekend (bikes mostly) and has little tolerance for involving the children.
DD(3) is going through a very naughty fiesty phase, and DH just ends up bellowing at her all day long (to be fair so do I!). He also seems to imply that I must be doing something wrong during the week for her to be so hard to handle (I'm a SAHM currently)angry!
We all seem to be on top of each other all weekend, the house is a complete tip by saturday lunchtime, and I just find myself dreaming of monday when at least I have some structure and control.
And if I hear DH say one more time 'I've been at work all week....' angry!

Fairynufff Sun 27-Sep-09 17:07:02

Yep - I'm with you sister wink

CybilLiberty Sun 27-Sep-09 17:08:42

Sounds like your dh is the problem, not the weekend

sarah293 Sun 27-Sep-09 17:09:15

Message withdrawn

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 27-Sep-09 17:11:19

Totally with you!
At least weekdays have all my weekday chums about the place so we can wreck their houses too. Weekends people seem to scatter.

readyfornumber2and3 Sun 27-Sep-09 17:14:42

I know the feeling!
I actually find myself praying for monday morning to come round so that I can wave dp off and get the house sorted again lol

bigchris Sun 27-Sep-09 17:21:03

oh yes me and dh can never agree on what to do
we piss each other off
we went for a walk in the sunshine today, kids moaned (tired, hot etc) come back at three pm and dh has been napping ever since leaving me to do kids tea
at least when he's not here we're not nitpicking at each other all the time

HateTheHoover Sun 27-Sep-09 17:42:52

May have been a bit unfair to DH. I suppose I spend all week dreaming of a weekend where DH tells me not to worry about the kids, to lie in bed all morning and then go shopping all afternoon.
In reality, I can't relax (am still in control freak mode), DH always tells me to chill out more (which automatically pisses me off!), and DD plays up because she is out of routine. I get irritated that DH still expects to have a life hobby during the DCs waking hours, whilst I am in a relentless grind. I find myself wondering, come sunday night, why I just didn't put my feet up a bit more.
DH does pull his weight (ish) (he took DD out for a bike ride this weekend, and has been looking after them both for most of this afternoon), but just creates such a MESS everywhere. I spent my afternoon 'break' tidying up and doing washing!
I think its just an expectation thing on my part! I guess it comes down to wanting a 'weekend' myself - ie. a break from the norm!

BiancaJackson Sun 27-Sep-09 17:49:20

I look forward to weekends, but the reality is pretty knackering. It seems to be an endless run of domestic duties interspersed with the odd social event which just knackers me out even more. I long for a lie in and breakfast in bed.

sarah293 Sun 27-Sep-09 17:50:26

Message withdrawn

HateTheHoover Sun 27-Sep-09 18:03:13

Riven you are absolutely right.
And I am my own worst enemy sometimes.
Maybe I should just hire a cleaner to come round every monday, and then put my feet up all weekend - heaven!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now