Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

or are reactions lenses a not-adequate excuse for bailing out on access arrangements?

(11 Posts)
colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 13:51:11

kids' dad was due to visit them this afternoon.

He can't afford to. he can't afford the busfare. he can't afford the busfare because he bought new glasses which 'needed' reactions lenses to stop him squinting.

Is there something I don't know about reactions lenses and their importance regarding eyecare? Is there a good reason to make me feel better about the look on Ds1's face when I told him daddy wasn't coming as planned?

TheProvincialLady Sun 27-Sep-09 13:54:51

No YANBU. Your ex is a fool who has fallen for a nice bit of Specsavers sales talk. Perhaps you could make him squint a bit when he does turn up next, maybe by kicking him hard in the balls?

fishflange Sun 27-Sep-09 13:59:32

wtf?
console yourself with the fact that a) you don't live with him b) he will look like a complete knob in every photo ever, as they never actually clear c) you have the power to help your ds's to grow up into strong capable, balanced people who are nothing like their father.

Lulumama Sun 27-Sep-09 14:06:01

he is deranged. seriously

he could have bought cheaper glasses, non?

he chose to pay for them knowing he would not have enough money to visit with his children

i don't know what to say, it would be laughable if it was not so stupid and sad for your children

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 14:09:21

(Ooooh TPL I have a pressie for you (that I actually put under the buggy last time I saw you and promptly forgot all about.)

I'm almost not angry with him any more, he's so useless at things like this.

I am taking the boys to the park, will probably not spend any money but I'm not waiting in any longer - I had to ring the ex to find out he was not bothering to come.

Tosswad.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sun 27-Sep-09 14:11:03

He is a knob. Photochromic lenses are great (don't know about cheapy Specsavers ones but the Transitions 6 certainly does clear) but they're not a necessity - if he was photosensitive a light tint would've done and if he gets NHS help towards his specs his voucher value would be increased.

Not that that helps your ds. I'm so sorry. What a cock your ex is. Can you take him back to court? Is it worth it?

TheProvincialLady Sun 27-Sep-09 14:19:26

Oooh do you? Well I dreamed about you the other night so it must be about time we got together again so you can giveme nice things.

mmrred Sun 27-Sep-09 14:54:34

Yep, definitely a knob. But unfortunately you can't take a father to court to force him to have contact with the child.

TheProvincialLady Sun 27-Sep-09 15:01:52

Gosh it would be a shame if someone accidentally sat on those glasses wouldn't it?

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sun 27-Sep-09 15:10:45

Hehehe TPL. Of course, as an optical type I can't condone such things..... <<whistles>>

mamas12 Mon 28-Sep-09 09:31:54

What a prick
And I would also reccomend handing the phone over to you dc for HIM to explain not you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now