Talk

Advanced search

to go to bed when DH is home and visitors arrive because I feel like poo...

(6 Posts)
Pheebe Sun 27-Sep-09 13:35:34

Both ds's have been poorly, possibly swine flu but we're not sure. I haven't had more than a couple of hours sleep in one stretch since Tuesday night and quite frankly feel like crap. Ds1s god mum (DH's childhood friend) and her bf are arriving in about an hour for an overnight stay. Tried to put them off but as the boys are pretty much over it they've decided to come anyway. Am I being incredibly rude to go to bed for an hour or so when they get here???

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 27-Sep-09 13:36:59

Can't you go now and get up when they arrive?

cornsilk Sun 27-Sep-09 13:38:49

I thought the op said feel like a poo.
Why not just have an early night?

DuelingFanjo Sun 27-Sep-09 13:41:48

I think it's fine to do it as long as you explain why to them and your DH rather than just slope off.

Pheebe Sun 27-Sep-09 13:54:45

Lol cornsilk

DH is out at the mo dropping his parents off at the airport, should be home soon. Think I'll take some more neurofen and battle through. She usually goes to bed early anyway, may be less rude to go to bed early than go to bed when they've just arrived

<<lost persepctive through lack of sleep>>

MrsMellowdrummer Sun 27-Sep-09 13:57:34

I would do exactly that if I were you. Have a good old nap now, let your husband deal with the kids,then wake up later nicely refreshed, and spend a lovely evening with your friends.

Better than battling on feeling like crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now