Talk

Advanced search

for pushing my buggy infront of this young lad?

(15 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Sun 27-Sep-09 12:54:23

Quick recap :

Went shopping, Joined end of a large que, DH and I were at the back with DD in the buggy, the que has spilled into the shop walk way.

Alady with a buggy came along so I reversed so let her through, as I did that a lad of about 15 stood behind the woman in front of me.

So I walked back forward and said 'excuse me I was before you I just ...'

'nah you wazzant'

I tried to explain I had just reveresed to let the lady passed but he was having non of it,

Usually I would have left it but he was SO rude! He was saying 'nah you two are effort I can't be arsed with this' etc ...

Then his Nanna/Mum (?!) Turns up and starts screetching for us to 'leave him alone we are only oicking on him cause he is young!'

I tried to explain to her what had happened but she was having non of it either

So when we got to the font of the ques where you turn at the barrier I swivelled the buggy in front of him and went first.

Part of me feels daft for being childish but we WERE before him, I was just letting someone passed, he was extremely rude, he swore.

and then when I was getting served he walked passed and called my DH a 'bag head'?!?!?! hmm

I was really angry and upset.

When he left a few poeple came over and told us how horrid he was and that they saw we were next in the que (but didn't bother to point thta out to him or his mum whilst we were there)

pranma Sun 27-Sep-09 12:56:51

YANBU

BetterBitOfButter Sun 27-Sep-09 12:57:57

If I'd been in the queue I would defo have backed you up. Can't believe all those scaredy cats spoke up after son and mum had left!

motheringheights Sun 27-Sep-09 12:58:19

YANBU.

You were doing the right thing, and he was in the wrong.

Tryharder Sun 27-Sep-09 12:58:49

Sounds fair enough. YANBU but it's always horrible when you are faced with aggressivve unreasonble people.

What's a bag head anyway?

Disenchanted3 Sun 27-Sep-09 13:01:28

Apparantly its someone who takkes alot of drugs! lol

I was shaking and cried when we got outside, I was pretty brave as I can't stand confrontation and usually just back down but because he was so rude I didn't.

RnB Sun 27-Sep-09 13:02:33

YANBU

elmofan Sun 27-Sep-09 13:05:05

good on you - yanbu

Rantagonist Sun 27-Sep-09 13:06:32

Take heart in the fact that he needed his nana/mum to stick up for him in public l and lols grin

slowreadingprogress Sun 27-Sep-09 13:22:34

interesting isn't it that nobody will have the guts to speak up when stuff is actually happening.

Good for you. No harm in making your point. If you don't tell people like that "no, that's not acceptable" then they think they can swan around being generally obnoxious and just getting away with it.

Caz10 Sun 27-Sep-09 13:40:47

bag head sounds like he was calling him poo head or something!

well done for sticking up for yourself, i'd have let him go in front of me then been annoyed all day!

cornsilk Sun 27-Sep-09 13:44:02

How horrible for you. LOL at baghead - what an idiot. Your dh must have been wounded wink
I'd have said something (I think!)Where were you?

ToffeeCrumble Sun 27-Sep-09 13:51:07

YANBU but what does "'nah you two are effort " mean?

StayFrosty Sun 27-Sep-09 13:51:48

Firstly, yanbu.

Secondly lol @ baghead, this takes me back, used to be the standard insult made by 'townies' to alternative/metal/indie types when I was a teenager in Barnsley, many's the time I have had it bellowed at me out of a car grin it is to do with sniffing glue out of a bag, then apparently came to mean a bloke with long hair, and then anyone vaguely unusual looking.

Were you in Barnsley btw? I have never heard it anywhere else, even 20 miles away in Sheffield, no one would know what it meant. <misty eyed nostalgia moment>

Disenchanted3 Sun 27-Sep-09 14:15:56

He just meant we were being persisitant and not backing down and he was finding it an 'effort' standing near us,

Its a Manchester thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now