Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think I will never be able to buy

(6 Posts)
Giltz Sat 26-Sep-09 20:42:30

I realise the economy is in a crisis, but my DP and I are having trouble getting our foot on property ladder.

Cant get a big enough mortgage for a nice house in an area we like.

We have a decent deposit yet we cant seem to get more than a £50,000 mortgage. Live in East anglia how the hell do other people manage? Not looking at expensive property about £140,000. Any suggestions would be welcome.

thesecondcoming Sat 26-Sep-09 20:58:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arsed Sat 26-Sep-09 20:59:42

Look in to shared ownership houses

beaniesinthebucketagain Sat 26-Sep-09 21:09:41

Giltz, also in east anglia here *waves hello* Having the same problem, its pretty impossible to get on the ladder with anything more than a rabbit hutch 1 bed flat, we gave up went council and are buying our house from them, not ideal but it will get us a start!

slowreadingprogress Sat 26-Sep-09 21:19:28

50,000 is small indeed - if you're getting 3 x joint you'd be earning about 16,000 per year between you, is that right? A friend has just had her first mortgage offer with her dp and they've been offered 3.5 x joint.

How have you got your quotes - via a broker?

Giltz Sat 26-Sep-09 21:23:41

Looking into council housing but few around.Rent at the min and what we pay in rent would cover a mortgage on a small house(would be happy with that), so frustrating.

Hey beaniesinthebucketagain thanks for the tip, dont know where you are but Iam in Colchester and council here only manage to house few folk.did you have to rent the house first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now