Talk

Advanced search

to think I am NOT less girly now I have 2 little boys!

(12 Posts)
lovemyyummyboys Sat 26-Sep-09 20:05:13

my DH just commented that I don't spend as much time on myself and look as girly as I used to sad

newpup Sat 26-Sep-09 20:34:20

Hard to be glamourous when you are looking after small children! sad

Look in the mirror - is it true - honestly?

If it is and you want to change then go for the girlie look again. If you are happy as you are then pay no attention and tell him he is not the adonis he once was either!

I am sure that your boys think you are gorgeaus!

LeonieSoSleepy Sat 26-Sep-09 20:36:23

Message withdrawn

lovemyyummyboys Sat 26-Sep-09 20:57:45

I think DH also forgets I am older too now and not so body confident after 2 babies!

mum23monkeys Sat 26-Sep-09 20:58:54

Nothing to do with having boys, just children in general.

colditz Sat 26-Sep-09 21:00:06

It's nothing to do with boys and everything to do with exhasution.

BonsoirAnna Sat 26-Sep-09 21:02:01

I think there is something in this. When I have spent a lot of time with the DSSs I find it harder to be girly. When I am alone with DD, we do lots of girly things together like shopping, the hairdresser, make-up, beauty treatments etc - it just isn't possible to fit that all in with boys around!

SardineQueen Sat 26-Sep-09 21:04:27

I find that not working (mat leave) makes me less girly as I don;t do makeup and dressing up just to sit around with the kids.

Understandably I'd have thought!

Have you asked him whether it was a criticism or just a random comment that he didn;t mean anything by? Probably the latter smile

lovemyyummyboys Sat 26-Sep-09 21:08:18

Thanks all, he says he didn't mean anything by it????sad He is keen for a 3rd and would LOVE a girl so I think this has more to do with it!

SardineQueen Sat 26-Sep-09 21:11:23

I think he just had foot/mouth moment, I'm sure he didn;t mean anything by it.

Tell him that if he takes the kids out for the day you would love to have a soak in the bath/do hair/get done up and then be taken out to dinner smile

lovemyyummyboys Sat 26-Sep-09 21:15:35

or perhaps I could put my un girly foot in his mouth grin then go and get my nails done!

slowreadingprogress Sat 26-Sep-09 21:28:38

well I hope that remark was followed by "so I've decided to book you a weekend at a spa and every saturday I will take the children out so you can have some 'me' time"

but I bet it wasn't hmm

git

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now