Talk

Advanced search

Argos home delivery load of Rubbish!!!!!

(15 Posts)
blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 15:37:57

I had a mattress delivered this morning and i asked the delivery men if they would put upstairs for me on the landing but i was told 'NO' as it is health and safety. Bearing in mind i have 7 steps to my house they managed that and the younger of the delivery men carried it up himself while the older one carried my invoice!!!! I asked if i would have to maul it up myself and the response i got was 'sorry there is nothing i can do about it' i am so angry and i have been on the website which boasts they will put your item in the room of your choice providing there are 2 people present and i being unreasonable in complaining?

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 15:40:06

was it a 2 day delivery one?

CaptainUnderpants Sat 26-Sep-09 15:43:13

You could complin but the small print on the website says :

Any item marked as Home Delivery Only will be delivered to your room of choice provided drivers do not feel there are any health and safety issues such as a staircase which is too narrow or there is danger of damage to the customer property. (Delivery to room of choice is not available on items marked as home delivery only usually within 48 hours)

Delievey guys will just tell bosses ' elf & safety mate '

Rachmumoftwo Sat 26-Sep-09 15:44:13

If it says they will put it in the room of your choice, that is what they should do. Complain, but be aware that Argos don't care! I have complained in the past and in the end just stopped using them- they are crap!

blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 15:46:41

Yes 2 day delivery. My stairs are quite wide and i cleared everything out of the way beforehand. The older man was quite big and burly the younger lad was much smaller. Can't understand if health and safety he left the poor younger lad to maul it himself to my door? Felt really sorry for him.

CaptainUnderpants Sat 26-Sep-09 15:47:30

I would complain in that case .

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 15:48:42

"As an added bonus, most bigger items can usually be delivered to the room of your choice. Please measure doorways, hallways and staircases prior to delivery to make sure your products will fit. This service is not available on items marked as 2 day delivery"

so it it was marked 2 day delivery they won't do anything.

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 26-Sep-09 15:49:23

If it was 2 day delivery they aren't in the wrong are they?

blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 15:49:59

Thanks. I was a little concerned as i have just found out i am pregnant! So i have had to maul upstairs on my own. Think i will give Argos a call.

blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 15:51:31

I thought i ordered Thurs but looked at my e-mail and it was actually Tues but don't know how works what is the difference?

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 26-Sep-09 15:52:16

what did the item say on the website for delivery?

fluffles Sat 26-Sep-09 15:55:52

yup, they are crap. i paid £40 for special 'delivry, connect and collect' on a washingmachine meaning they were supposed to collect the only one and take it away.

i asked before i ordered, when i ordered and again when i was given a delivery day if this applied to flats and was told yes it did.

on the day the drivers brought my new machine up but refused to take the old one down.. leaving me (a lone female) with an old washing machine in my hallway on the 3rd floor angry

when i complained they reimbursed me £10 which was the portion they thought applied to the 'collect' part of the service angry nevermind that i only bought the bloody washing machine from them BECAUSE they offered that service!!!

never again.

blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 17:13:37

I have just called Argos Customer Services. They have apologised and are refunding me my delivery charge £5.80 as a gesture of goodwill. smile

PinkTulips Sat 26-Sep-09 17:18:48

unless you scream down the phone at them, repeatedly, argos won't do a damn thing.

be glad your mattress turned up tbh, you got better service than i did from them! we had murder getting a washing machine from them, would never order from them again, no matter how good the deal!

blueberryscone Sat 26-Sep-09 17:23:53

I didn't dare chuck my old mattress til the new one arrived today. It is sitting at the top of the stairs waiting patiently now to be put on the bed smile i was too shattered to move it further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now