Talk

Advanced search

To be gobsmacked bully will be allowed to teach in future

(8 Posts)
piprabbit Fri 25-Sep-09 19:05:40

Can't believe that this woman will be allowed to return to teaching once she's retrained.

Apparently it wasn't her fault - she didn't have enough support from colleagues hmm

PrincessToadstool Fri 25-Sep-09 19:08:35

"She has now left the teaching profession," the spokesperson added.

BoysArrLikeDogs Fri 25-Sep-09 19:10:27

erm where does it say about lack of support from colleagues??

cornsilk Fri 25-Sep-09 19:10:56

She's resigned.

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 25-Sep-09 19:51:21

Even if she wanted to return, I don't think any school would employ her though, do you?

piprabbit Fri 25-Sep-09 21:59:15

Lack of support from colleagues was mentioned on the Radio 4 evening news report.

WickedWench Fri 25-Sep-09 22:30:10

According to reports on the BBC she has no intention of ever returning to teaching. No loss I'm sure.

According to the report in the Daily Mail online (I know, boo hiss) following initial complaints from parents, she complained about lack of support so the Head gave her some Teaching Assistant support and it was the TAs who confirmed to the Head that the parents were right and it was worse than they thought.

I'm 42 and would LOVE to bump into some of my old teachers just so I could tell them - adult to adult - what utter cnuts they were and probably still are. Try to humiliate and bully me now you fecker! No? Are you sure? Sorry I forgot, I'm in a far more senior position than you ever were and earn shit loads more money than you ever did. And none of it is down to your pathetic attempts at what you thought was teaching. Sad thing is that I was a timid, overweight, shy, hard worker so an easy target.

Some people should never be allowed to work with children.

piprabbit Sat 26-Sep-09 23:04:23

Exactly WickedWench.

I think what amazed me was that she had the choice to retrain and return to teaching. I would have assumed, before hearing about this, that the teaching profession would want to take positive action to stop her teaching in future - regardless of whether she's chosen to resign and do the decent thing in not seeking to return to teaching. The decision IMO should not be left up to the offending teacher.
Something along the lines of a doctor being struck off by the GMC perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now