Talk

Advanced search

to be concerned about Ocotmum's 14 children?

(15 Posts)
BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 18:37:58

Watched her on Sky 1 last night. She came accross very badly imo

DoNotPressTheRedButton Fri 25-Sep-09 18:53:54

WTF is she?

cookielove Fri 25-Sep-09 18:56:09

what was the show called

qwertpoiuy Fri 25-Sep-09 18:56:09

http://www.hollywoodcelebgossips.com/tag/nadya-suleiman-photo/

BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 18:58:09

Octomum is the single mum who already had 6 children by insemination and has now given birth to octopluts (sp)

Where is she getting her money from?

The show was called Octomum the story or something like that

Rantagonist Fri 25-Sep-09 18:58:28

I'm sure it's not always the case, but in a huge family like that, could it partly be children bringing up children? Presumably she's got some help, but it's pretty scary.

anonacfr Fri 25-Sep-09 18:58:37

YANBU.

The woman has serious mental issues- she's also lied repeatedly about her family situation. Her mother (who's been her kid's main caretaker) had her home repossessed but Octomom instead of helping her out spent her student loans on plastic surgery and IVF.

I can't believe a doctor was willing to inseminate 6 eggs in a woman with no partner, no financial stability and 6 kids already- including a couple with behavioural 'problems'.

BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 19:00:38

she did come accross as crazy to me. Agree about the dr too what was he / she thinking?

anonacfr Fri 25-Sep-09 19:01:33

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadya_Suleman

DoNotPressTheRedButton Fri 25-Sep-09 19:02:05

Oh her.

If she is as mentally illa s she seems, the fault is entirely with the Drs who treated her; dependent on level of illness it is ridiculous to expect mentally ill people to take that responsibility (I'm talking the more severe here- know many people have isues at a lower level).

I don't have Sky but am sure it would have made intersting viewing however this is not something likely to be unaffected by agenda, and how she came across may be as true or distant from relaity as that agenda allows IYSWIM.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 25-Sep-09 19:14:54

i watched it - there is a thread in Telly addicts about it.

in all honesty i expected to hate her - but i didnt think she came across badly at all. by the end of the programme i was thinking live and let live tbh. she seemed ok.

elmofan Fri 25-Sep-09 19:24:26

i watched it , i thought wtf is going on between her & her mum hmm , her mum seems totally against her having that many children , how can she properly look after all those children shock

Vinomum Fri 25-Sep-09 19:44:57

I had to switch it off, I found it upsetting - the bit where she brought 2 of the babies home and they were crying in the car because of the media circus outside was horrible. I thought her mum was quite right in her opinion that 14 children is too many hmm - what made me laugh was Octomum telling her mum where to shove her opinion then getting straight on the phone to her the second she needed help with the kids!

BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 19:48:19

I didn't know there was already a thread about it on telly addicts. will go an check it out now......

megapixels Fri 25-Sep-09 21:53:02

YABU. I think she's out of her mind to have that many children brought intentionally into the world to be a large brood to a single parent without a job. But she does seem to love her children and they seemed very connected to her too. Her mother appeared to be a very sensible woman but a bit of a nag. Shut up already, we know you don't approve!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now