Talk

Advanced search

to think I shouldn't have to wait a month to have my contraceptive implant removed?

(17 Posts)
BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 18:18:29

At our health centre they will only remove it at the Well Women (!) clinic. Why? the doctor who put it in for me 2 years ago will be the one taking it out so why can't I have this done during ordinary surgery? Why do I have to go to a special clinic? Is there a special reason?

They like to divide up everything at our health centre. Is this the norm elsewhere?

DH and I are going to try for baby2 and I want it out ASAP.

AIBU - I really don't know but i want to get going TTC NOW!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 25-Sep-09 18:19:26

YABU

It is hardly serious or urgent.

Sorry.

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 18:21:44

They have limited time and resources and by having clinics they can manage everyone's needs more effectively.

I understand your frustration but YABU.

aGalChangedHerName Fri 25-Sep-09 18:22:06

A month isn't going to make much of a difference is it? The docs appointments are kept for people who are 'ill' and your problem is best dealt with at the WW clinic.

I have heard it can be tricky getting it out?

diddl Fri 25-Sep-09 18:26:46

Did you make an appointment to see your GP & he refused to take it out?

If he put it in at a GP appointment, I would expect him to take it out at one, TBH.

But if it was dealt with at a WW clinic, I would expect it to be again.

But IMO, YANBU to think that a waiting a month is not on!

liath Fri 25-Sep-09 18:31:08

YABU. It's a minor operation and needs special equipment and a longer than standard GP appointment. It can be tricky getting them out and usually takes longer than the insertion. Sorry!!

Glitterknickaz Fri 25-Sep-09 18:32:18

dig it out yourself (joke) :P

LadyMidnightMT Fri 25-Sep-09 18:33:26

it's much easier to put in than to take out. YABU.

Northernlurker Fri 25-Sep-09 18:35:41

They have to manage their resources as best they can for all their patients. The ones who are really ill as well as those who are just broody and stroppy. This is an elective procedure and the wait is perfectly reasonable. Just learn some patience and have a few practice runs for the TTC grin

BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 18:36:11

I just want to get going TTC now that we have decided i know a month isn't long but it does feel like ages

liath Fri 25-Sep-09 18:41:58

TBH <voice of doom> I wouldn't rush into TTC while there's a lot of swine flu about.

Northernlurker Fri 25-Sep-09 18:42:57

Well it isn't ages. It's 31 days or less. Time to spend looking at nice baby stuff before you get up the duff and sleep or throw up all the time. Time to take folic acid. Time to play with your older child in really active exciting ways that you maybe won't feel like soon (see above) Time to paint rooms without worrying about inhaling the fumes. Time to eat brie and drink a bit.

Enjoy this month smile

Firawla Fri 25-Sep-09 18:48:53

If you wanted to be able to start ttc as soon as you decided, and not to wait to get implant removed then you shouldnt have got it in the first place but use something more flexible like condoms so yabu, it was your choice

BrokenBananaTantrum Fri 25-Sep-09 18:55:51

Thanks Nothernlurker. I'm going to eat pate until it comes out of my ears grin

Firawla - has been in for 2 years as didn't think i would be able to go though having another (bad birth experience and severe PND) so although i may be being unreasonable i don't think i made a bad choice having it put in and didn't know at the time i woulod have to wait to get it out.

pooexplosions Sat 26-Sep-09 00:12:04

YABU, its only a month, and its not an emergency. You might want to practice patience for TTC anyway, you might need it.

I imagine if you are desperate you can pay privately to get it out whenever you like?

SomeGuy Sat 26-Sep-09 00:30:22

If you want it done quicker, I'm sure you could have it done tomorrow (well maybe not tomorrow, but Monday anyway): BUPA

BrokenBananaTantrum Sat 26-Sep-09 14:07:25

thanks someguy i'm going to ring them up on MOnday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now