Talk

Advanced search

to want a night out with the girls?

(14 Posts)
mum2seb Fri 25-Sep-09 16:11:38

I NEVER (or very rarely go out), and a friend has started selling nearly new and vintage clothes. I bought a ticket for her party this evening a month ago, and told dh when I did, wrote it on the calendar, and today he acts as though I've never told him! He absolutely cannot miss his club swim (He has a coached swimming session with his triathlon club - it's £1.50 which he pays when he gets there, so he wouldn't be losing any money) apparently.

I've recently lost 3 1/2 stone, and I would love the chance to buy some new clothes!! He just doesn't get it - he's said he'd take me out with ds's tomorrow and buy me "a top or something". Great fun - so I get to swap an evening out relaxing with the girls, for a morning out with the boys who will run around every shop screaming their heads off and wrecking the place instead. I'm rather annoyed.

I was looking forward to some advice from my friends as to what to wear - I no longer have any idea what suits me, having gone from a size 20 to a 10/12.

So AIBU? I feel that I should be making his life hell - at least for the next couple of days, if not the week!

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 16:12:53

er...get a babysitter

and have a fabulous evening

DuelingFanjo Fri 25-Sep-09 16:13:35

tell him tough, you are going.

When he comes in tonight make sure you are on your way out?

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Fri 25-Sep-09 16:15:09

If you've booked it and advance and told him, then it's up to him to sort a babysitter if he wants to go out too.

YANBU

herecomesthesun Fri 25-Sep-09 16:18:36

He can go swimming any week, one night off wont kill him.

Get yourself ready, go and take a bottle of wine with you, don't come back until you've bought at least three new things and drunk the wine. Have a great night!

mum2seb Fri 25-Sep-09 16:19:38

I'd love to get a baby sitter - but I don't know any, and due to ds1s disability, we've never left him with anyone other than family - who all live more than 3 hours away.

I'd love to be waiting to just go out - his swimming is 7-8, and my thing starts at 7.45. Tricky that one....

mum2seb Fri 25-Sep-09 16:21:38

Aaarrrgggh!! I'm going to have to be confrontational!! I can just feel it's the only way of doing it! Which means ANOTHER weekend of him behaving like a spoilt child! (Far too much back story to write about it!!).

shootfromthehip Fri 25-Sep-09 16:23:13

Can you be a bit late? I'm only asking but don't really think that is what you should do- I'd threaten to divorce my DH if he behaved like yours is. Actually, I may really divorce him for being so selfish.

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 16:24:42

how about you put the children to bed, ask any old friend or neighbour to sit from 7.15 til 8.15 when dh gets back? woul you feel ok about that?

presumably he has supported you through your weightloss - and the triathlon is as important to him as this was to you. no need to have a row, jsut think of a solution between you.

mum2seb Fri 25-Sep-09 16:31:30

He's just got home to take ds1 swimming - we shall have a discussion!!

YouLukaStunning Fri 25-Sep-09 16:34:11

Hope discussion works out a good compromise for you both

Well done on the weight loss - how did you do it?

mum2seb Fri 25-Sep-09 16:50:56

Well, he has relented - looks like the silent treatment has worked!! He has 'sacrificed' his beloved swimming just for me. Hoorah!! I thought I was going to have to bring up the 'you've been/ are going to two stag weekends this month' topic, but I didn't need to! So I'm off out to spend lots of money on nice things and have a couple --lots of-- glasses of vino!!

Slimming world and running, YouLukaStunning (and not eating my own body weight in chocolate every day because I'm fed up). Met new friends, and realised I'd been cooped up quite a lot because of ds1. Even if it's just going out for an hour for a run, it's better than nowt, I've learnt!!

YouLukaStunning Fri 25-Sep-09 17:05:34

Have fun!

(the body weight in chocolate always ruins things doesn't it)

ThingOne Fri 25-Sep-09 17:55:44

Enjoy it. And don't for one moment feel guilty that he has "sacrificed" something for you. You should both get a chance to do your own thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now