Talk

Advanced search

To think that the chap on the tax credit helpline doesn't really "understand"

(7 Posts)
sequinedsteaknife Fri 25-Sep-09 10:43:55

because he clearly isn't a single mum waiting on her benefits to be paid in and worrying about paying the bills and not being charged by her bank if the bills bounce.

So while I appreciate that he can only read what is on the screen infront of him and for whatever reason isn't allowed to transfer me to someone in the claims department I don't appreciate him telling me that he "understands my situation"

Sorry feeling a bit ranty.

cyteen Fri 25-Sep-09 10:46:44

Boo (and naturally, YANBU).

Here, go and read about a MNer's son making a large clay cock, I guarantee it will have you laughing.

DoNotPressTheRedButton Fri 25-Sep-09 10:54:27

Well- ya (almost certainly) NBU but you never know- might be a single dad working PT, who knows? It's easy to feel alome an d isolated when in fact others are in a similar palce; I ahve a Dh for example but as he was not bringing in much for ages (redundancy) we were probably as worried about benefits as anyone.

It's something you get in the SN community as well- you see someone glancing at you as your child hits the ground screaming and think judgemental.... and then a few eyars later, as you glance in someone in sympathy at that moment, your elaise maybe some of them do know exactly what it'slike, without a back story how can we tell?

But of course the vast likelihood is that he has no idea, but being a phone screen reader may kknow what it is like to sttreuggle to pay the bills on a minimum wage and my experience is broke is broke regardless.

Did you get everything sorted out?

sequinedsteaknife Fri 25-Sep-09 11:01:44

Being calm I can see that I don't know his situ any more than he knows mine. But please let me BU for a bit longer.

All v complicated by CB taking ages so DD doesn't exist on the system for CTCs.

Though the lovley HB man accepted she existed when I phoned to chase my claim and she was yelling down the phone at him. He pulled out my claim from the "not seen" pile, put it in the "urgent" pile and phoned me two days later with the result.

Now just the CB and CTC to get an answer from - they've only had the claims six weeks.

If I don't hear anything by Monday I am going to phone every hour till they get fed up of me and do something.

sequinedsteaknife Fri 25-Sep-09 11:01:47

Being calm I can see that I don't know his situ any more than he knows mine. But please let me BU for a bit longer.

All v complicated by CB taking ages so DD doesn't exist on the system for CTCs.

Though the lovley HB man accepted she existed when I phoned to chase my claim and she was yelling down the phone at him. He pulled out my claim from the "not seen" pile, put it in the "urgent" pile and phoned me two days later with the result.

Now just the CB and CTC to get an answer from - they've only had the claims six weeks.

If I don't hear anything by Monday I am going to phone every hour till they get fed up of me and do something.

sequinedsteaknife Fri 25-Sep-09 11:02:18

oops blush

sequinedsteaknife Fri 25-Sep-09 11:02:21

oops blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now