Talk

Advanced search

To consider giving it all up and going on f*cking prozac!

(6 Posts)
tessofthedurbervilles Thu 24-Sep-09 23:46:31

My life is shite. Getting divorced. House won't sell neither can afford to buy the other out. Got a small baby who wears me out but I love to distraction. No money. Don't qualify for much help as own a house. Ex h about to lose his job. His bit on the side wants the f*cking bed I sleep in (he brought it she wants it)
AIBU to seriously consider getting myself on prozac as all the people I know who are on it are the happiest people I know?!!!

ImGrandThanks Thu 24-Sep-09 23:50:48

<<<hugs>>

You poor thing

Im sure someone will be along with advice soon

tessofthedurbervilles Thu 24-Sep-09 23:52:50

TBH I feel better for that rant as it is...am always putting a brave face on it and today I am too tired to pretend...! xx

BustleInYourHedgerow Fri 25-Sep-09 00:02:05

Dunno Tess. IME Prozac is a bit of a vicious circle. Also you feel worse before you get better....do you really think you can feel worse?

Talk to us about it here, I'm happy to listen Hopefully will help a bit. Do you think you can talk to your GP? GP would probably reccommend counselling of some sort, which could help considerably re coping mechanisms...

Try not to always put a brave face on. (Am often guilty of this myself) If someone close to you askd how are you coping, be honest and talk, know its difficult but it helps so much.

Dianne35 Fri 25-Sep-09 00:19:13

Tess - you really are having a tough time of it, what a shame. I've been on antidepressants in the past and they can be pretty hard going and really only a stop-gap. I think you're entitled to be feeling shitty with all that's going on and you need to get that out of your system instead of supressing it with drugs? Your wee baby will continue to bring you joy and give you a little bit more sleep and rest as time goes on (I know it'll feel like forever!) In the meantime, I agree that talking to people close to you, having a good rant and a good cry is always therapeutic - make time for it once the wee one is in bed, as it can be the hardest thing not to allow yourself to feel what you're feeling cos you're busy being "mummy"

groundhogs Fri 25-Sep-09 15:21:13

Huge hug and back pats, you really are going through it. You ARE entitled to feel shitty, for sure, it will all pass eventually.

hang in there,

Oh, and tell the bint to get her own frigging bed, or buy your half of the house out, THEN you will give up your bed to her.
The cow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now