Talk

Advanced search

to think that people like this shouldn't be made famous on the x-factor?

(9 Posts)
wannaBe Thu 24-Sep-09 21:32:36

I'm talking about Curtis

And let me just say, I have no issue with someone who has done his time, has paid his debt to society and has turned his life around finding music and making something of himself as a singer.

But this kid is still wearing a tag. As yet he has not served his full sentence. If he is good enough then he could go through in a year or two, once he is no longer under curfew for his previous crimes.

But I really don't think that someone who is essentially still serving a sentence for a crime should be made famous like this.

Jojay Thu 24-Sep-09 21:36:28

A friend of mine used to work as security in a shop in Redditch and regularly arrested him.

He was gobsmacked when he appeared on X factor

herladyship Thu 24-Sep-09 21:38:06

he was obnoxious and not very talented..

that seems to fulfil two of the main criteria for being a 'sleb' sad

chegirl Thu 24-Sep-09 21:47:56

Didnt they chuck some girl band wannabe out a few years ago because she had previous?

How come this one is allowed to go through then?

wannaBe Thu 24-Sep-09 21:54:00

iirc the one who left a few years ago left because after she'd gone through a video was found of her involved in a happy-slapping incident (she was the perpitrator). So she didn't have previous as such because she hadn't as yet been known to have committed the offence.

isittooearlyforgin Thu 24-Sep-09 22:24:07

appreciate wht you say, but from the other pov perhaps having something good in your life, that you can feel proud of can make a difference. It seems as if this kid has slipped through the net and had a childhood that no kid deserves and would make me heartbroken for my own. If feeling that you could do something with your life other than violence then surely that's got to be worthwhile

PeachesMcLean Thu 24-Sep-09 22:30:48

The punishment is that he's wearing a tag and is under a curfew.

The punishment is not to prevent him taking part in legal daytime activity.

I've no idea if he's any good or not. But if it's within the terms of his punishment, ie the tag and the curfew, and he's not profiting from his crime, then why wouldn't you let him do it?

chegirl Thu 24-Sep-09 22:51:29

No wannabe - I know which one you mean but this was a different one. That girl band that dressed like hookers got through. They found out that one had a previous conviction, they took the girls aside and asked if they wanted to leave with her or go on without her.. they thought about it for 3 seconds and dumped her arse like it was made of plutonium!

SolidGoldBrass Thu 24-Sep-09 22:54:13

I know bugger all about this specific individual as don't watch those poxy programmes but isn't a petty criminal entitled to aim for rehabilitation and making a positive gesture towards improving his live and earning money honestly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now