Talk

Advanced search

to have said that to this shopkeeper ??

(6 Posts)
Summerfruit Thu 24-Sep-09 18:31:46

I was with my dds to our local off licence, bought the girls an ice cream and a bottle of wine...the shop keeper was writing some stuff on a piece of paper..and I think I was bothering him..Anyway, I really didnt like the way he spoke to me tonight : put your card, take your receipt..etc..in a really not nice way..so I said to him, I think you are rude tonight..he was shoked I said that, dd1 was shocked too...I mean this shopkeeper always looks bored when we go there and looks like he cant be arsed...tonight took the biscuit I had to tell him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scampadoodle Thu 24-Sep-09 18:35:50

Oh some small shopkeepers are SO rude. There's a bloke in our newsagents who is a surly sod. His son is fine though. They are Turkish though so maybe it's a language/culture thing - other cultures aren't so hot on please & thank you, it's expresssed in other ways which perhaps don't translate well.

Summerfruit Thu 24-Sep-09 18:40:16

I promise you, I could see on his face I was pissing him off for daring buying stuff that is why I had to tell him something...He never could be arsed with customer service..tonight he had to be told !

PeedOffWithNits Thu 24-Sep-09 18:42:50

I find giving them a huge smile and a gushing "thank you so much" more satisfying than telling them off

Pwsimerimew Thu 24-Sep-09 19:17:05

Talk with your feet and don't go there anymore!

Pwsimerimew Thu 24-Sep-09 19:17:33

p.s. Good on you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: