Talk

Advanced search

to think it's unlikely that I really have won $2,800,000.00 on the 'New York lottery'?

(12 Posts)
edam Thu 24-Sep-09 15:30:53

Apparently my email address is so jolly clever it has won me $2,800,000.00 from the 'New York lottery organisation' all by itself! shock

Can't quite see how the scam works, though, as they aren't asking for money or bank a/c details... if I were daft enough to believe it, I'd have to contact someone by phone or email (premium rate number, perhaps?) and give them:

"Your country of origin and country of residence/work, complete official names, address, amount won, free ticket and lucky numbers, date of draw, contact telephone and mobile numbers. OPTIONAL :- [Sex, age, occupation and job title]."

Guess from that lot they could do some sort of ID theft?

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 15:36:41

Ooh! Lucky old you! And wot a clever email address you have!

I'm sure the amount you pay on the phone call, and then subsequent registration fee will make it all worth while!

<<ponders edams surprise xmas gift to all mmnetters>>

edam Thu 24-Sep-09 15:37:53

Yeah, am so glad I chose 'credulousfucker@well-known-ISP.co.uk'. grin

MoonTheLoon Thu 24-Sep-09 15:41:32

If you have, can I have some smile? Please??

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 15:44:07

ah, edam, you clearly are a genius at choosing email addresses..am loving credulous fucker...maybe I could try gullible.moron@wellknownISP.com? Then I might win too, and we can treat everybody!

edam Thu 24-Sep-09 15:47:24

grin

A tiny weeny bit of me was rather hoping someone would come on and confound my expectations and prove that it is true...

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 15:52:25

I know. that's what they play on. Bastards.

But if you did have the money, maybe weyou could create MumsnetWorld, where we could go for day trips and all dcs are taken off by CRB checked Mary Poppins while we get to pampered in state of the art Spa facilities followed by a gourmet lunch served by buff waiters...and when it was time to go home, limo all the way...

edam Thu 24-Sep-09 15:58:48

I like your style. grin But not that bothered about spa days. Would rather have an MN millionaires' library, with coffee and cakes and attentive staff to bring/remove coffee/cakes/books/library lists. (Would keep the Mary Poppins-types, though.)

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 16:10:32

how about library/spa/cake emporium?

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 16:11:21

...and the buff waiters?

edam Thu 24-Sep-09 16:22:45

yy to buff waiters (personally selected by moi but will let you in on the interview process).

And to coffee/cake/spa emporium although wouldn't it get a wee bit messy? Mind, I suppose that's where the millions come in, a crack team of cleaners who swoop on every crumb!

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 16:24:41

forgive me edam, thought it I would throw it open to the world so have started another thread in chat inspired by your work...loving the cleaning team. all on top dollar wages I hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now