Talk

Advanced search

to want some holiday clothes???

(8 Posts)
cantmummyhaveabreak Thu 24-Sep-09 12:46:36

Were off on our very first family holiday- actually our very first holiday as a couple, we never even had a honeymoon so we're very excited to be going do Disneyland Paris in just over 2 weeks....

Anyway, have managed to buy all 3 DC's all new clothing for our holiday, and would like some myself, plus i am in need of a new winter coat aswell.

AIBU to want to spend our last savings amount on holiday clothing for myself and DH than swapping for euro's that will then get spent on more 'stuff' while we're there.

We're having 3 days in the park and 2 half days when we're travelling to and from home... We currently have £1000 changed to euro's and an extra £90 of euro's for the DC's to split and spend on things they want... pocket money if you will, so i've calculated that we'll have about £100 for fuel costs over there, then about £300 a day to spend- we have breakfast paid for, and have 2 meals paid for too, so we'll only need to spend money on one meal 2 of the days and the last day in the park both meals.

DH thinks we should spend the last months savings on more euro's, i would really like some new clothes and a coat.... WWYD??

pippel Thu 24-Sep-09 12:48:23

I would buy the clothes and a coat

cantmummyhaveabreak Thu 24-Sep-09 12:53:42

grin i had said if he wanted to exchange his half of 'holiday clothes money' for euro's then thats fine but i really want some new things- only bought a handful of new bits for myself since having DD2 7mths ago and am mainly wearing things i've owned for over 2 years now... He then said if the rest of us were all wearing new he'd want some new bits... though i do think he'll be silly and buy a few very expencive t-shirts and wear jeans he already has... where i'm a little more savvy and will get my full lot of holiday clothes, shoes and a coat for less than him- can almost guarrentee that one!!

diddl Thu 24-Sep-09 12:57:08

Why did the children all need new clothes?

cantmummyhaveabreak Thu 24-Sep-09 13:09:53

they didn't so much need new clothes, but as they are growing fast atm i've bought them new clothes and have saved them for our holiday, have kept them in their older clothes and then after our holiday their new clothes will become part of their wardrobe and the smaller fitting clothes will be taken out to be passed to DD2/my nephew... as for DD2, she's only just going into her 3-6mth clothing so have just kept some of her new outfits i'd bought her to one side as holiday clothes.

It's also easier to just keep up on the washing and have the clothes all ready for packing than having to spend the week before making sure it's all washed, ironed and packed in time...

cantmummyhaveabreak Thu 24-Sep-09 16:32:48

Think DH may have come round- he's been looking in TKmaxx today on his lunch break (is the shop next-door to his shop) and has seen some bits and bobs he might want... he text me asking how much 'holiday clothes money' he'd have...

alypaly Thu 24-Sep-09 16:34:54

use it on the holiday if you havent had one for so longsmile

Dianne35 Thu 24-Sep-09 16:35:20

lol - sounds like my hubby - always saying he "doesn't need" clothes, but once the idea is in his head, usually crumbles...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now