Talk

Advanced search

to think I have made a bigger 'doh' than anyone else?

(14 Posts)
fruitshootsandleaves Thu 24-Sep-09 10:23:07

Today, for the third time, I put unleaded fuel in my diesel car. I did in twice in two weeks about two years ago and again today.

We are totally skint and the dealer wanted £350+vat, so I found an independent garage who'll do it for £120.

My DH is less than pleased.

Please come and share your most stupid mistakes.

llareggub Thu 24-Sep-09 10:25:44

I did the same about 4 months ago. Ours cost £200 so you can tell DH that too. I've now trained DS1 to shout "diesel mummy" every time we go to fill up.

AngelaCarleen Thu 24-Sep-09 10:34:15

Could you get the car retro-fitted with one of those things that stop you doing it? It sits inside the fuel-filling-up-bit (technical eh?) and makes it so you can't fit the unleaded nozzle in the hole. smile

I don't have a bigger doh though.

fruitshootsandleaves Thu 24-Sep-09 10:36:53

I could have some sort of brain plant, I guess!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 24-Sep-09 12:22:01

Oh yes, I filled up the van with the engine running. You don't need the key to open it and I assum I just forgot to turn it off. My brother was sitting in the van all the while. He swears he didn't start the engine to wind me up so I have to conclude I endangered all our lives hmm

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 24-Sep-09 13:12:38

Used the blender for a litre of tomato and lentil soup without the lid on.

JeminTheDungeon Thu 24-Sep-09 13:15:26

I have done that too- petrol in a diesel..

Oh have done loads of stupid things...
There is a thread somewhere..may help you feel better..will try to find it..

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Thu 24-Sep-09 17:48:43

I work for a coach company and one of my drivers filled up a coach with petrol. 350 litres of it. Now that was an expensive day.

CornishKK Thu 24-Sep-09 18:02:56

Said to a work colleague at a BBQ "who is that dick head with the amusing t-shirt that he thinks is SO funny?", of course it was her husband.

And boasted to my DH about how quickly I could make a Delia cheats trifle when I was very batfaced (who knows why), cue blender, no lid - cream on the ceiling, walls, Cath Kidston blinds. Carnage.

Stood on the hem of my own long winter coat and fallen down the escalators at Canning Town station.

Had my mobile phone in the back pocket of my jeans and dropped it down the lav - three times.

Car based, too many to mention. The worst being writing off a hire car due to paying more attention to my chocolate hob nob than the road. No-one else injured thank god and I will NEVER do that again.

Oh, and I drove off with my 21st birthday cake on the roof of my car.

That should make you feel better.

JeminTheDungeon Thu 24-Sep-09 18:09:07

Cornish...<yeeeoucchhh!>

LifeOfKate Thu 24-Sep-09 21:46:52

If we're talking about car related 'dohs', I have managed to scrape my car down the same lamp post in the work car park twice in 3 months. DH is less than chuffed, both times have left a proper dent and right down past the paint blush

Fruitbeard Thu 24-Sep-09 22:03:08

Mine are all 'not seeing the step' related

Was on holiday in Ibiza and on the walk back to the hotel from the beach/town I managed to stumble up/down the same driveway dip in the pavement EVERY FUCKING DAY FOR A FORTNIGHT. It got so my mate was pissing herself saying 'here it comes, watch it, don't fall' - and I still managed to stumble over the bastard!

Didn't realise there was a step down in a busy pub (lot of tall people standing on the lower part) and went flying. Hadn't even had a drink at that stage.

Went to the loo at the Shepherd's Bush Empire and didn't see the sign saying warning, step. It was a Bjorn Again concert and I was wearing massive platform boots. I stepped out into open space about 2 foot in the air, went flying and grabbed out at something to steady myself with. Turned out it was the corner of a toilet cubicle. Fell with such force that I ripped the toilet cubicle away from the wall.

Girl sitting on the toilet inside the cubicle not impressed....blush

I also manage to walk into the door at Lidl every bloody time because I expect it to slide open further than it actually does.

I'm wondering if at 43 it's too late to get tested for dyspraxia....

fruitshootsandleaves Fri 25-Sep-09 17:13:27

So today I got a bloody nail in one of the front tyres, 10 minutes before I was due to pick up dd3 from montessori! Two very lovely men came along and changed my tyre for me and then as if the day couldn't get better, human nature wise, the owner of the school had heard I was having enormous financial difficulties and said she would refund me £300!

TitsalinaBumsquash Fri 25-Sep-09 17:15:52

DP works for a car/van hire company and they get a ridiculous amount of people filling the vehicles with the wrong fuel, they all have stickers now on the outside and inside of the fuel caps. Do you want me to get a load and post them out to you all? lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now