Talk

Advanced search

To wish the world was a bit more like MN?

(5 Posts)
BertieBotts Wed 23-Sep-09 18:28:34

I must spend far too long on here because I get far too annoyed at people's wrong dodgy advice and opinions. I prefer it on MN where the people who are wrong misguided get shouted down.

(For example, you post about your tosser DH/P on here and people will support you to leave and not just expect you to spend the rest of your life miserable "for the sake of the kids" (who are probably also miserable). You admit that you occasionally co-sleep in RL and everyone makes exclamations of doom and mutters about spoilt babies and cot death.)

But I'm also sad about MN being a bit of a safe bubble because it means no matter what good support you get on here as soon as you go back to the real world it seems ridiculous that anybody would agree.

Knickers0nmahead Thu 24-Sep-09 00:47:05

Yanbu.

choosyfloosy Thu 24-Sep-09 00:53:50

YANBU mostly although it's a slightly scary thought!

StableButDeluded Thu 24-Sep-09 00:54:28

Oh YANBU. Everything on MN is always so clear-cut. I like the fact that if you do actually want real advice on a situation, as long as you post ALL the facts then you'll get worthwhile answers because people here don't know you and you dont know them, so they are not afraid to say what they really think.
Which in RL doesn't happen very often because people you know don't want to upset/fall out/whatever with you.

JustAnotherManicMummy Thu 24-Sep-09 00:55:40

I have come to the simple conclusion that anyone who has not found MN is probably a moron completely out of touch with reality.

I find this makes me feel better. And me seem very, very well informed on everything grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now