Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how much food is preprepared in a cafe...

(3 Posts)
Bathsheba Wed 23-Sep-09 12:03:50

DD2 and I went on a special treat trip yesterday to sainsbury's cafe for lunch yesterday...

I was being abit crap about making a choice, and decided on a ham omelette (I love omelettes and I'm crap at making them).

The girl checked and unfortunately they had no more omelettes today.

So I ordered the "ham eggs and chips" option - with the eggs well done as I'm pg...

Which they had....

Which makes me wonder why they DIDN'T have any omelettes if they clearly had eggs and ham....

Until I thought that the only way they could be out of omelettes was if the omelettes were preprepared rather than made with the box of eggs and packet of ham they had...

And AIBU to think that the idea of preprepared omelettes is a bit yuck...

famishedass Wed 23-Sep-09 12:22:41

YANBU to think that preprepared omelettes are yuck but I think you'll also find the scrambled egg comes in as reconstituted dried powder to which milk is added and then microwaved.

Sainsbury cafe use £5.25 unqualified sales staff. That's why it's cheap. I can recommend Rick Steins seafood restaurant for a good lunch but that will set you back a couple of hundred quid. You see what I'm getting at? wink

Bathsheba Wed 23-Sep-09 12:29:55

Absolutely, I wasn't expecting fine dining for lunch....but greasy spoon cafes and things (who I'm sure pay a similar rate) would have a hot plate and would fry an omelette to order made from actual eggs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now