Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think if i order baby bath then I don't want baby oil!!

(14 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 23-Sep-09 11:19:23

Bloody Asda online!! All the other substitutes made sense - strawberry jam instead of raspberry, asda mousse instead of cadbury's, alternative smell of deodrant etc so you'd think the picker had some sort of logic going on. Then instead of substituting the Johnson's baby bath for say Asda baby bath they put in Johnson's baby oil. If I wanted baby oil I would have ordered it!

Oh and to top it all I then noticed some fairy liquid which was supposed to be 2 for £1 was coming up at double the price so that swiftly went back, followed by soft pineapples and FURRY strawberries. I checked on the ASDA website that the offer hadn't gone off so god knows why they came up at that price. Annoyingly I have now realised that I have now paid over the odds for my nectarines because they were part of a 2 for £3 deal and I've sent the other part back.

On a plus side customer service were very helpful. They've given me the money back for the fairy liquid, all the fruit including the mouldy stuff I sent back, the substitutes that I sent back and the delivery charge. It's still annoying that I've STILL got to go out to the supermarket though when the whole point of doing it online was to avoid the hassle of doing that.

The driver said the picker must have been having a bad morning grin

bran Wed 23-Sep-09 11:23:52

Ocado is the way to go. I do an order most weeks and I've only had 2 substitutions in about 18 months. They show what's out of stock on the website so in effect you are choosing your own substitutions just like you would if you were at a supermarket.

Morloth Wed 23-Sep-09 11:30:50

Yep Ocado is definitely the way forward. I tried Tesco once and it was a stupid mess. Ocado just take your word for the problems and refund you the price.

Hardly ever any substitutions (and only when I have done a really advance order), they make sense and the lovely delivery driver checks they are OK before taking off.

Excellent service.

Firawla Wed 23-Sep-09 12:50:46

ocado are very good i agree, but can be a bit expensive. sainsburys are also good and slightly cheaper so i recommend them the most.
i dont find tesco very good/reliable

MikeStand Wed 23-Sep-09 12:57:45

I find ocado excellent and get vouchers emailed to me for 10-15% off whole shop on a weekly basis. It is often for deliveries tues, weds thurs but still worth it. Never had a substitution in a year.

Morloth Wed 23-Sep-09 13:19:46

Try running it through mysupermarket.com - often Ocado turns out to be one of the cheaper options.

PeedOffWithNits Wed 23-Sep-09 14:01:47

I've been sent "normal" custard creams and "normal" sausages instead of gluten and dairy free ones hmmokaaay, lets explain to them WHY they have a freefrom section (where everything is 4x the normal price)

oldraver Wed 23-Sep-09 14:10:08

They do seem to have an odd logic with sustitutes. I ordered Persil Non-Bio (dont usually buy this brand but was on offer) and they sent standard Persil. Now to me logic would say if someone ordered non-bio thats waht they wanted. I would of excepted any non-bio

I only but groceries not fresh stuff in the hope thye dont muck it up

RnB Wed 23-Sep-09 14:49:58

Once instead of sending me a lemon Tesco sent Lemon CLEANER!

Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 15:43:20

I think it's down to your local store - when I've got Tescos to do a delivery the only substitutes were logical ones.

missmelly Wed 23-Sep-09 16:02:24

I got chocolate chip muffins instead of breakfast ones once, but I can see the logic there. Now I only get substitutes on stuff that I really need like milk

Horton Wed 23-Sep-09 18:18:57

I got a lemon meringue pie instead of a bag of lemons once. I do like lemon meringue pie but it's not great on fish. Not one of Sainsbury's finest hours.

DuffyMoon Wed 23-Sep-09 18:33:49

meat shepherds pie when I ordered vegetarian..... hmm

BagAndShoeLady Wed 23-Sep-09 18:44:06

Ocado most definately not on comparison website same lot of shopping £37 more expensive than Tesco Sainsbury's and Asda - why would you pay that much more? Yes a couple of pounds here and there for better service but not £37!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now