Talk

Advanced search

to get fed up with hearing people moan

(64 Posts)
preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:11:14

i seem to be surrounded by it, does anyone alse feel the same

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:12:13

yea - but life is often shit - what can you do?

Just be glad you've got nothing to moan about

cheesesarnie Tue 22-Sep-09 23:13:18

i love moaning.its my main hobby.so yes yabu

and you are moaning about people moaning surely!

kentmumtj Tue 22-Sep-09 23:16:50

i love a good old whinge lol

queenofthenewyear Tue 22-Sep-09 23:17:24

Yep. There's a person I used to know from school, who I've got in touch with on Facebook and her status updates are ALWAYS negative - she's never got anything happy to say. It's all about how hard it is having a baby and how it's affecting her sleep and how she's got a cold or tummy bug from the baby - I mean, honestly, she never once mentions anything nice about the poor mite. Grrr.

I'm totally besotted with my babes and they make me glad to be alive.

groundhogs Tue 22-Sep-09 23:18:04

LOL, and what, prey tell, is the AIBU thread thingy all about again?

YANBU to be fed up with people moaning... but LOL YABU if you are moaning about people moaning, on a forum which is all about moaning...

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:33:09

ahhhh but at least everyone is laughing on here as they moan and that makes a difference

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:35:06

oh yeah I'm really laughing as I'm moaning at the moment - as are others I'm sure hmm,

Hope you never go through a shit time when you only have stuff to moan about and someone tells you to stop moaning.

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:38:09

but i didnt say i tell people to stop moaning i actually listen all the time i merely expressed my opinion that i sometimes get fed up with hearing it all the time

maybe i should stop being such a good listener

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:39:07

yeah a really great listened that you're sitting there thinking you're fed up of.

If you're fed up of it stop bloody listening.

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:41:29

why would i do that t someone who clearly needs me to listen?

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:42:36

because there's nothing as shit as sitting talking to someone who is blatatly thinking "oh fgs stop moaning" - and yes - people can tell. You can't fake "interest" or "care". It's bollox

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:44:56

rubbish maybe the person or people who moan alot needs to look at themselves and realise that they are burdening someone constantly and that is unfair

and its not to fake interest or to say you dont care but sometimes when there is no positive conversations ever for many many months on end it can be tiring for all

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:47:56

well lucky you that you have such a great life that you have nothing to moan about.

If you don't like listening to the moaning - then fuck of and leave them to find someone that doesn't mind. Yyou know what - sometimes people do have nothing but crap thrown at them for months on end. Yeah sure there'll be a few good bits along the way as well, but when life is throwing shit at you you do tend to find that the shit obscures the good.

and you know what else, when you go throw months of shit and need someone to support you with a listening ear - guess what most of us feel shitty about it anyhow - even if it's someone who is happy to listen it doesn't stop the guilt.

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:52:10

i never said ive never had anything to moan about have i

but there is so much good in life even when being thrown with shit as you like to call it
maybe we cant control everything that goes on around us but we can control how we deal with it

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:53:43

obviously not that much shit if you think people can just magically make the few bits of good stuff shine through over the shit.

preeny Tue 22-Sep-09 23:56:52

i think you sound very sad maybe you are going through a lot of shit right now which is why this post has struck a chord with you i hope that you do feel happy again soon and all the shit you are going through goes away or at least lessons

alwayslookingforanswers Tue 22-Sep-09 23:58:44

oh fuck off. go and polish your halo and tell everyone how clever you are that you can just get through the lows that life throws at you and tell those that can't to get a grip and sort themselves out. I'm sure you'll make lots of people really happy.

CharCharGabor Wed 23-Sep-09 00:01:35

Fucking hell preeny, you are incredibly rude and patronising! shock The purpose of this forum is to offer support to people. I wouldn't want any advice from you, bloody hell.

preeny Wed 23-Sep-09 00:02:06

shock was that language really necessary because i dont think so

this section clearly says 'am i being unreasonable' its a discussion thread where opinions are given not swearing and abusive language

think you need to come off these threads if you feel other opinions that differ to yours are justified by swearing at them

you may have a different opinion to me like i may have a different opinion to you but you dont hear me swearing at you because that is just plain rudeness

alwayslookingforanswers Wed 23-Sep-09 00:03:29

yes I think it is reasonable, people who think that people going through shit just need to take a positive attitude and look at themselves more closely are pig ignorant.

CharCharGabor Wed 23-Sep-09 00:03:51

No, you belittle other people's problems and feelings, much better than swearing I agree hmm

ineedalifelaundry Wed 23-Sep-09 00:06:22

I agree with you OP. There is far too much negativity in the general attidude of a lot of people. I know it's a cliche but we really should count our blessings. Even when we are going through loads of crap, there is something to be grateful for. Even if it's just that you're alive. Too many people whinge too much and they don't even know they're born. They should think about those living in a warzone with not enough to eat, no clean water, no access to medical care etc. We are lucky to live in a time / place where even the poorest of us are comparitively well off.

preeny Wed 23-Sep-09 00:08:39

i disagree if someone is going through a lot of not very nice stuff in their life and they sought professional help for example a counsellor there sessions would not be focussed on the negative and doom and gloom and more about what changes they can make if any or look more at the positives that surround them,

and i am not belittling anyones problems as i dont know anyones problems to belittle so im not sure how that can be said hmm

alwayslookingforanswers Wed 23-Sep-09 00:09:22

"They should think about those living in a warzone with not enough to eat, no clean water, no access to medical care etc"

yeah - i'm thinking of them. Oh guess what - doesn't make me feel any better. How nice to know that if you're not experiencing those things then life is rosy, or you should just put up and shut up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now