Talk

Advanced search

to think this Ebay listing is somewhat dodgy?

(22 Posts)
NeedCoffee Tue 22-Sep-09 22:11:20

here I just don't 'get' what they're actually selling? Is it just a way round getting good feedback?

MichKit Tue 22-Sep-09 22:13:08

Oh my, seriously dodgy! And bad spelling to boot!

pippel Tue 22-Sep-09 22:13:33

so you pay money and the give you good feedback?! Thats it? I dont get it grin

SolidGoldBrass Tue 22-Sep-09 22:13:46

It's completely mental. Anyone who wanted to load their page with fake feedback could just copy those examples and stick them on their own profile from a fake email address, why pay 99p for them?

NeedCoffee Tue 22-Sep-09 22:15:27

SGB-I Think they're saying that if you offer them 1 pence, they'll give you good feedback and you give them it??

I would report it to Ebay but don't think they'd do F**k all tbh.

Ponders Tue 22-Sep-09 22:18:08

They seem to be just offering how to create "those fun, creative, super cool looking feedback designs?" like

I»-(¯`v´¯)-»THIS BUYER!FAST PAY!SUPER SWEET!»-(¯`v´¯)-»

But why would you need to?

I've reported it anyway (grouch grouch!)

QOD Tue 22-Sep-09 22:20:05

did you find it or where you linked to it? Only to me, it looks like a scam to extract your log in details.
If you went to "report" it, you'd have to sign in.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Meglet Tue 22-Sep-09 22:22:49

ponders are those 'pictures' the tops of hearts or bottoms?

Ponders Tue 22-Sep-09 22:29:04

bottoms, meglet???? shock

(I've no idea what they're meant to be! I just c&p'd from OP's link grin)

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 22-Sep-09 22:32:25

You are buying the crappy little patterns etc, that's all.

So you can look like a genius with nothing better to do all day than play with punctuation marks till you come up with little patterns and stuff.

Brilliant. hmm

fledtoscotland Tue 22-Sep-09 22:58:08

not sure why you think this is dodgy - the item description actually says that its examples of feedback and how to make your listing look more attractive. They aren't doing anything wrong.

NeedCoffee Tue 22-Sep-09 23:05:11

But surely you'd need to buy them, and so you'd leave them feedback and they'd leave you feedback, and so for a crappy made up type service, they're filling their feedback rate with fake feedback iyswim.

QOD-I found it, wasn't liked to it, just typed 1p in on ebay as I was bored innit

WriggleJiggle Tue 22-Sep-09 23:07:50

I think they are selling fancy ways of writing feedback, so you don't have to work out how to do all those quiggles yourself.

If you look at their feeback though, you get plenty of good squiggles on there, as people have obviously used their examples to leave theri own feedback

If that makes sense hmm

WriggleJiggle Tue 22-Sep-09 23:09:35

These ones are pretty cool though!

◄◆◆◆█◆█◆█◆█◆ t h a n k y o u ◆█◆█◆█◆█◆◆◆►

-:¦:-•:'"" :•.-:¦:-•:*EXCELLENT SELLER -:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•:*

★☆"?¨¯¯¨?"ª¤(¯`*•.¸(¯`
•.♥♡♥Fantastic Buyer ⓣⓗⓐⓝⓚⓢ♥♡♥•´¯)¸.•´¯)¤ª"?¨¯¯¨?"☆★

šš*:•.FIVE•:*šš*:•.STAR.•:*šš*:•.EBAYER.•:*šš:•.

WriggleJiggle Tue 22-Sep-09 23:10:07

Oh no, it didn't work!

NeedCoffee Tue 22-Sep-09 23:11:11

LOL WJ maybe you better get them to send you them so you can do them properly!!

Pingpong Tue 22-Sep-09 23:24:25

It's weird though I've looked at their details on goofbay cos I'm a nosey so and so and in the last 90 days they have sold 11 items with a total value of £241.60 however if you look at their feedback they have had loads and loads of feedback in the last week - over 100 in a week? (and that is feedback as a seller)
I think most private sales are a bit suspicious TBH but there is definitely something fishy going on here. I might report it too

Pingpong Wed 23-Sep-09 23:06:20

needcoffee you have no faith in the system! It has now been removed.
I reported a seller a few months ago and it was removed very quickly. They were very blatantly disregarding the rules and slagging off people selling genuine items. I don't think ebay have time to scan through all the stuff but if they get a complaint, in my (limited) experience they have acted on it.

Pingpong Wed 23-Sep-09 23:08:42

QOD no scam it takes you to genuine ebay page for reporting item. I got reply into email account thanking me for reporting said item and saying they will investigate within 24-48 hours. . . .

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 23-Sep-09 23:10:38

It's gone.

Ponders Wed 23-Sep-09 23:21:33

In fact it was gone by about 8am today.

ebay do take notice of reports, seemingly.

NeedCoffee Thu 24-Sep-09 14:23:15

Ah right, Smac, you're right, I'm very cynical! Glad its gone, but I'm sure they'll manage to do sometyhing sililar sometime in the future, unless the MN police get onto them again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now