Talk

Advanced search

to be considering letting DS go 150 miles away for a week... aged 3?

(7 Posts)
mamadiva Tue 22-Sep-09 21:46:03

Basically we live 150 miles away from DP's family and his mum asked if she could take DS for a week because we need a break from him as he is rather boisterous 24/7!

Anyway at first I said no straight away as DP's family are not what you'd call admirable but they would see no harm to him obviously, and I feel like 3 is far too young to be away from both his parents although now after a very tough few days with DS I am thinking that it may be a good idea.

I'm torn whether it's right or not, my head is saying no but the rest of me is saying yes I just need a break! We or DS' family drive so if anything were to happen we would be totally reliant on public transport which is a 5 hour journey.

Littlefish Tue 22-Sep-09 21:49:53

Dd stayed with my mum and dad 2 and a half hours away, for 5 days, when she was just 4. So yes, I would, and have done it.

Are there any friends you could speak to who could, in an emergency, offer you a lift?

busybeingmum Tue 22-Sep-09 22:03:34

Message withdrawn

busybeingmum Tue 22-Sep-09 22:04:30

Message withdrawn

2shoes Tue 22-Sep-09 22:05:47

ds stayed with my db and sil for a week at that age(I was Ill) HE LOVED IT,(40-50 miles away)

raspberrytart Tue 22-Sep-09 22:09:49

We left our 3 year old with my mum when we went on honeymoon to Turkey....didn't bat an eye lid, however only you know what he is like when left with other people.
I would say do it, he and you will enjoy the break
I too remember long stretches of time at my granny's house and absolutely loved it

bigchris Tue 22-Sep-09 22:11:44

ds went for 4 days away with the inlaws from the age of 2
built it up to a week when he was 5
he loves it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now