Talk

Advanced search

to think if you are on the Jeremy Vine show defending your teacher friend

(16 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Tue 22-Sep-09 13:45:47

who has been convicted for 15 month for an inappropriate relationship with a pupil....

you don't end the call with 'can I say hello to my boyfriend Glen?'

I really think she actually did. Did anyone hear? hmm

overmydeadbody Tue 22-Sep-09 13:46:41

people always try to end calls on the radio like that

generalunrest Tue 22-Sep-09 13:48:21

I did, Jezza didn't seem that impressed with it I reconed

MovingOutOfBlighty Tue 22-Sep-09 13:50:03

That killed me!!!!!!!!!! shockshockshock

It is not the end of Popmaster you arse. Basically if I was that teacher I would not want that tosspot on my side.

LindaBellinghamFanClub Tue 22-Sep-09 13:57:33

It made me wonder if she really knew the teacher or was just a time waster.

DuelingFanjo Tue 22-Sep-09 14:12:40

I wondered if perhaps it was a pupil! was shock I mean, as MovingOOB said, I wouldn't want that person on my side.

Couldn't stand the woman who was on before, talking about lesbians etc. What a load of absolute crap she was spouting!

thesecondcoming Tue 22-Sep-09 15:10:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whoisasking Tue 22-Sep-09 15:11:19

I heard and LARFED. It broke my scowling angry face, which was a good thing!

FlyMeToDunoon Tue 22-Sep-09 15:27:42

Yes Jeremy was on the ball and cut that hello short.
Did she also say of the teacher 'she's a lovely looking girl'
Really relevant.

DuelingFanjo Tue 22-Sep-09 16:00:35

"i loved the woman saying she thought most young lesbians would benefit from shagging a teacher...."

I was gobsmacked.

As if it's somehow ok for a lesbian teacher to forget her duty of care towards her pupils when it might not be for a heterosexual one. hmm Almost suggesting that lesbian and gay children don't really need as much protection because, well being a lesbian is really hard and getting a shag from anyone makes you feel better or more accepted. shock

then she started prattling on about what age a child would have to be for it not to be paedophillia. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

thesecondcoming Tue 22-Sep-09 16:06:37

DuelingFanjo Tue 22-Sep-09 16:21:04

I thought the other woman on there, in the studio I assume, was ok. A bit more level headed about the whole thing. I hate it when they get reactionary young people on to voice the opinions of a group. Am sure many Lesbians were cringing.

Anyone know who she was?

DuelingFanjo Tue 22-Sep-09 16:41:47

Ah - apparently it was stephanie theobald

thesecondcoming Tue 22-Sep-09 17:01:01

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 22-Sep-09 17:08:15

Good lord. And to think I've never heard of the talented Miss Theobald before.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 22-Sep-09 17:36:12

How daft of her to cross Jezza. My favourite recent 'inappropriate for serious radio' moment was when Radio Four called John Leyne for his comment on the Iranian elections some months ago and a woman with an American accent came on air and said, "John is in the john". The folks back in London pretended that it hadn't happened, but I swear that it did. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now