Talk

Advanced search

to want to move house rather than clean my oven?

(30 Posts)
RubysReturn Mon 21-Sep-09 19:58:49

Urgh!

movingnow Mon 21-Sep-09 19:59:37

yanbu

Lilyloo Mon 21-Sep-09 19:59:41

grin never really thought of that as an alternative , thanks!!

Pogleswood Mon 21-Sep-09 20:01:23

Well,it worked for us! smile

YouLukaStunning Mon 21-Sep-09 20:01:39

Hee Hee This made me laugh when a friend said it to me last week

<<peers>> are you her?

duckyfuzz Mon 21-Sep-09 20:14:24

yanbu

I recently got a new oven rather than clean my old one - in my defence it did come with a whole new kitchen, but I didn't really need it blush

paisleyleaf Mon 21-Sep-09 20:16:06

I've never done it. But I've seen it advertised that you can pay people to come and professionally clean it.
Might be less drastic.

BonsoirAnna Mon 21-Sep-09 20:16:33

Buy a self-cleaning oven NOW grin

purepurple Mon 21-Sep-09 20:16:55

DH does the oven as I am --too lazy-- allergic to oven cleaner.
It makes me cough --a little-- a lot.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 21-Sep-09 20:18:06

I pay £50 twice a year to have my oven cleaned. Best money I spend grin.

MrsToffeeCrisp Mon 21-Sep-09 20:23:33

YANBU - I am in the process of moving hose and we're leaving the oven. Does this mean I have to clean it for the new people? TBH I would rather take it to the tip and tell them it was broken than clean it!!

Elk Mon 21-Sep-09 20:25:07

Just buying a new oven would be cheaper (said the person who got a whole new kitchen just to get a dishwasher)

MrsToffeeCrisp Mon 21-Sep-09 20:25:43

Obviously I am moving house. If I just moved the hose, I really don't think the oven would be that affected!

tammybear Mon 21-Sep-09 20:28:27

grin Our oven needs doing, and DP said he'd do it. So shall remind him at the weekend whilst I hide away in case he ropes me in to take over lol.

Grumpla Mon 21-Sep-09 20:30:14

YANBU.

Ooooh! Allergies! There's an idea!!!

MrsToffeeCrisp - don't bother. I have moved five times in the last decade and not once has the oven been clean. Even when the whole rest of the place was totally A1 spick and span. On the other hand, PLEASE chuck a bit of bleach down the loos before you go. I've moved in and had to get straight down to scrubbing other people's.. umm... leavings. That's not a nice 'welcome to your new home feeling'. Bleeurgh.

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 21-Sep-09 20:32:37

blush I've never cleaned our oven- been here 2 years now!

MrsToffeeCrisp Mon 21-Sep-09 20:33:09

Ok, will clean the toilets but leave a note to say Grumpla excused me from cleaning the oven. Many thanks! smile

crokky Mon 21-Sep-09 20:36:18

I was really annoyed when my oven broke and we had to get a new one. But then I saw the upside - bin the dirty oven and have a new clean one! I can cope with cleaning the new one, but could not even start on the 12 yrs of filth on the old one.

MrsChemist Mon 21-Sep-09 20:37:11

I have a phobia of oven cleaner after a faulty spray got me in the face. In case anyone didn't know, oven cleaner burns. Especially eyes.
No oven cleaning for me! Yay!
I have no excuses for not washing the dishes thought. I might just smash them instead. grin

MrsChemist Mon 21-Sep-09 20:37:52

PMSL at leavings. grin

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Mon 21-Sep-09 20:38:25

Message withdrawn

MaryBS Mon 21-Sep-09 20:38:58

Yes, get a new oven, its cheaper

I've got a selfcleaning oven which won't self clean anymore. Any tips on cleaning it? She says hopefully?

RubysReturn Mon 21-Sep-09 21:07:19

Hmm
I have to be honest and say I have all the kit to clean the damn thing (all the very finest that Lakeland can offer). I just don't wanna!

Strangely it seems less drastic to move house than to replace a functioning, yet fairly elderly oven.

Perhaps I should live in a castle and throw down some fresh rushes before moving on to freeload elsewhere [historical emo]

I cannot be your friend Luka as I did not care about my oven last week grin

I think it may have something to do with my friends lovely new house.

famishedass Mon 21-Sep-09 21:18:35

you need these people

www.ovenclean.com/

crankytwanky Mon 21-Sep-09 21:37:24

My oven gets cleaned when I am pregnant; I just tell DH it has to be done now and I can't possibly use a harsh product like Mr Muscle in my condition.
Bada bing, bada boom. Job done. smile

Or if not PG, why not try exchanging sexual favours?

YANBU though. I want to move and leave all our junk in the garage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now