Talk

Advanced search

not wanting son to go to see live music at the age of 3?

(9 Posts)
mummyemily Sun 20-Sep-09 11:35:33

My husband wants to take son aged three to see live music in our leisure centre, I am concerned that it may damage his hearing (and he had grommits) is it bad for small children to be around VERY load music? or am i being over protetive

Ewe Sun 20-Sep-09 11:41:41

How loud is it going to be? I have taken my DD to several festivals and she is fine, I take ear defenders for if it gets very loud.

If it is at a leisure centre I would imagine it's probably not going to be ear drum bursting level but they will be able to tell you what decibels they are expecting it to be.

diddl Sun 20-Sep-09 11:41:44

Not sure about the ear aspect-although can´t see how it would be good, but would be more concerned about the poor thing being bored!!

YANBU

mummyemily Sun 20-Sep-09 11:44:40

hi Ewe,
it is in a smallish room (200people ish) and is amplified rock music?

Morloth Sun 20-Sep-09 11:52:24

Oops, replied on other thread - grab some of these:

www.earmuffsforkids.co.uk

GoldenSnitch Sun 20-Sep-09 11:55:18

My Ds has ear defenders for when DH takes him to see the cars at Silverstone.

He actually doesn't enjoy the cars without them. The noise makes him cry

With them - Loves it grin

beaniesinthebucketagain Sun 20-Sep-09 12:02:44

My ds and dd love the live music in our local park every summer, they have ear defenders and so long as they arent bored its a nice day for all,

YAB a bit U, i understand your worry about his hearing but that can be dealt with, sometimes daddy just wants to share there interests a bit to young, get ear protection let him go if lo gets bored daddy will have learnt hes too young!

MamaLazarou Sun 20-Sep-09 12:06:58

He'll be all right.

Take earplugs in case it gets too much.

diddl Sun 20-Sep-09 12:07:12

If you think he will enjoy it-yes with ear protectors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now