Talk

Advanced search

to think that if you have flower/butterfly/fairy decals on your car...

(61 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Sun 20-Sep-09 09:32:27

and a "powered by fairy dust".... that you probably shouldn't be driving as you clearly are about 5 years old?

I was behind a black Nissan Micra, with all that shit on the back of it and the above slogan, and I think I saw some hideous pink ad fluffy things inside the car. And even better,she had her name on the back of the car, under the Nissan logo.

<Boak>

Actually she is probably a NMer or a Bountyhun.

TheLadyEvenstar Sun 20-Sep-09 09:40:23

lol please tell me this is a joke?? surely nobody would actually do this lmao

groundhogs Sun 20-Sep-09 09:40:52

Jeez, I saw a car like that the other day... (OMG, do you think there could be more than ONE of them???)

...thankfully DS was throwing a minor tantrum, so I couldn't dwell on it for too long, but LOL now you've reminded me!

I did at the time, now I recall, think WTF?

BTW... PLEASE tell me what BOAK is... I keep seeing it and can't fathom it out.. Am new, and although can work most of em out... that one has me stumped! smile

differentID Sun 20-Sep-09 09:44:28

the worst I saw was a pink Beetle with flowers painted along the boot and wheel arches, with a dark pink "visor" along the top of the windscreen with her name in pale pink on the drivers side, her (male) partners name on the passenger side, pink fluffy seat covers and a pink fluffy dice in the mirror and pink furry steering wheel cover.

I dry heaved.

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 20-Sep-09 09:45:12

Oh God they are everywhere.
Truly pants IMO.

moopymoo Sun 20-Sep-09 09:48:01

DH had to borrow a courtesy car this week and it had pink flowers and a bumble bee thing on the arial. I found this very entertaining. He is huge grizzly bloke - and hes a teacher, he turned up at school in it and the children nearly died laughing. And yes, these sort of decals etc are deeply awful

moopymoo Sun 20-Sep-09 09:48:54

ariel doh

Grumpla Sun 20-Sep-09 09:51:46

They are grotesque. Amazed at how many people enjoy advertising their idiocy.

Having said that I have considered a few of the 60's style flowers for our ancient vintage caravan. Just to cover up the rust spots in an appropriately retro way, you understand. And not in pink.

Southwestwhippet Sun 20-Sep-09 09:51:53

YANBU - there is a camper van round the corner from me painted bright purple with
"powered by fairy dust" on the rear window and
"its a witch thing, you wouldn't understand" on the back windscreen.

also has dreamcatcher hanging from ceiling inside. Even my mother (who is Ms Annoyingly Reasonable of the Year grin) thinks it is gross.

[vomiticon]

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 20-Sep-09 09:55:34

YANBU. In Switzerland it is possible to buy stickers of child sillouetes with their names underneath. I considered doing this for our only dd, but, she is so dozy that someone could potentially see her in the car (she sometimes waits outside while I'm in the shop) say 'would you like to see my whatevers X?' and she'd go with them. The other reason for not doing it - what if you can't find a person with the same name as your child to sell the car to?

BouncingTurtle Sun 20-Sep-09 09:57:28

Yes I have also seen worse than this! Honestly what is wrong with these people!

MrsBadger Sun 20-Sep-09 09:59:59

(NB 'boak' isn't an acronym, it's the sound of someone throwing up. More commonly used in Scotland than England IME but very useful on MN)

generalunrest Sun 20-Sep-09 10:07:19

Lol it's not just me then! We have a bee car and 'powered by fairy farts' car near us, I'm sure they think they're such crazy people hmm but as you say they just look like twats.

BouncingTurtle Sun 20-Sep-09 10:20:26

For some reason I see a lot of cars like that.

Kreecher - if you had gone for those silouettes, I'm afraid we would all laugh at you and you would be forced to flounce wink

OrmIrian Sun 20-Sep-09 10:23:28

You are quite correct. In fact I suspect she should probably still be in nursery anyway.

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 20-Sep-09 10:39:31

I did say consider. I feel hard done by because I have neither a BMW X5 nor a big silver vulva - these are the cars of choice at dd's school, those and the Ferarri, Porsche, merc, jaguars etc. We have a knackered Ford. I think it's the oldest there. I thought the sillouetes might brighten it up, dd was all for it, dh pointed out her level of gullibilty.

southeastastra Sun 20-Sep-09 10:41:49

hardly suprising, so many little girls want to be princesses or fairies when they grow up - these women obviously still belive it

drlove8 Sun 20-Sep-09 10:43:01

i have a friend whos husband makes these decals ...and he is always busy. .... she had a silver car covered in stars and a tinkerbell the fairy on a side window...
barking mad the pair of them wink... but then again as she pointed out , she NEVER gets lost in car parks ! grin

BouncingTurtle Sun 20-Sep-09 10:48:13

I want to a pwincess!!!!

OrmIrian Sun 20-Sep-09 10:51:58

My dad used to drive a princess back in the 70s. It was a complete dog grin

Eyeballls Sun 20-Sep-09 10:52:08

Beetles and Nissan farking Micras are the worst offenders for this sort of shite.

The only one of this sort of thing that made me chuckle was a Mini Cooper but they had taken off the bit that said Mini and put Alice there instead.

MitchyInge Sun 20-Sep-09 10:53:37

I think they look nice blush

I actually bought hundreds of giant dog paw decals in bright colours to plaster all over my land rover, but they are just gathering dust somewhere as I quite like the anonymity of looking like a farmer/national trust/forestry vehicle

was also a bit dismayed by all the cleaning you are supposed to do before applying them

Flower3545 Sun 20-Sep-09 10:54:59

kreecher a big silver vulva shock

drlove8 Sun 20-Sep-09 11:33:43

actually i saw a pale green vw beetlewith a few daisys (one big , 3 smaller) above the back bumper part. it looked ok blush. saw it parked at asda.

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 11:36:19

Just curious - how well was the car being driven, was she/he speeding, reving the engine or not using indicators, cutting up ther drivers?

Who cares wht the car looks like just if it is being driven well with so many crap drivers on the road in plain dull cars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now