Talk

Advanced search

£3 an ice cream or not? would you tell DD on a birthday treat or not!

(7 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Sat 19-Sep-09 23:01:12

We took our DDs to London on wednesday for a birthday treat for DD2 (she was 12)

Admittedly we have done it on the cheap, we used our Tesco club card points and it payed for very good seats in the theatre to see Hairspray, we also used our points to pay for our meal at Pizza Express beforehand.

During the interval I gave DH £15 to go and get icecreams for the 5 of us. He came back with icecreams, but also with attitude. Because it had cost £15. He kept complaining how much the ice creams had cost and how many tubs of ice cream he could have bought etc from Tesco for that price.
I gave him the evil, as I dont think that any of the girls especially as it was a birthday treat should hear the price of an ice cream etc.....

I am not saying that they were cheap, because I agree they were expensive, but what I am saying is DH was unreasonble at saying that they were expensive etc.. We dont go to the very often, it was a treat and if we have decided to pay for icecreams then surely that is a parent decision and DDs really do not need to know the cost as it was a treat!

Obviously DH disagrees.

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 23:02:16

oh fgs get over it

pjmama Sat 19-Sep-09 23:03:54

I'm sure your DDs just scoffed the ice cream and didn't give a monkeys.

mynaughtylittlesister Sat 19-Sep-09 23:06:02

No she probably didnt, but it was the fact that DH went on about it, you never know how much they take on board at the time.
I wanted this to be a treat, not a right lets compare prices to tesco exercise on ice cream.

Hulababy Sat 19-Sep-09 23:07:42

Of course your DD didn't need to hear and I'd have been cross with DH had he gone on about it for ages.

As you day, it ws a special treat.

He needs to grow up.

But, not worth dragging it on either.

drinkyourmilk Sat 19-Sep-09 23:10:20

I had this from my father once. It was my parents anniversary, so i paid for them to come to London, they stayed with me, and i took them to see Phantom. We went to book drinks for the interval, and my father seeing how much they were refused to let me buy him one. Then complained the whole time we were trying to enjoy ours. Royally pissed me off! It was my decision to buy the drinks not his and he could have just sat without complaining.
YANBU.

mynaughtylittlesister Sat 19-Sep-09 23:12:18

Hula, please dont get me wrong, I havent dragged it on. DH and I have had words about it, he is a very difficult person to admit he is in the wrong which sometimes leads me into thinking I am in the wrong and being unreasonabl. He very rarely apologises to anyone as he feels that what he says he believes in - end of and why should he apologise to something that he believes in. At the same time he is an amazing guy. Just very arrogant! (lol)

So sometimes I really do doubt myself, like this time, thats it really, we will probably never mention this incident again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now