Talk

Advanced search

to loathe the expression "i am a girly girl"

(64 Posts)
NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:28:47

they normally are " chocoholics, a bit crazy and love cocktails"

ew

bodeniites Sat 19-Sep-09 16:33:28

i am too old to be a girly girl but i am a womanly woman I like pretty, sparkly things and shoot me PINK, chocolate gives me a sore head and i am tee total so YABU

CrackPirate Sat 19-Sep-09 16:35:48

YANBU.

But then I'd look like a pig in a wig in sparkly pink

MamaG Sat 19-Sep-09 16:40:23

YEs. But I also hate it when a mate of DH's says "Oh I don't really get on with women" (ya farking slaaaaaaaaaaag)

MamaG Sat 19-Sep-09 16:41:06

Obv I mean no, YANBU

not yes

and DH's mate is a woman, not a man, to clarify!

Morloth Sat 19-Sep-09 16:44:03

Well I like all those things and the sparklies and have never thought of myself as a girly girl. Don't wear makeup, rarely a skirt or a dress (jeans and t-shirts), I sometimes remember to shave my legs and my nails are clipped short (got to be for boxing lessons).

Cocktails are great though, love all the pretty colours layered one upon another...

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:44:38

no i dont care about what they LIKE
its the epxression i hate

ahundredtimes Sat 19-Sep-09 16:50:19

YANBU

I don't even understand it. Someone asked me once if dd was a 'girly girl'. I had to ask for clarification, she said 'well does she like glitter?'

hmm

ahundredtimes Sat 19-Sep-09 16:52:04

Actually I'm not keen on women calling themselves girls, whether they say they are boysy girls or girly girls or girly boys or any of it.

sometimes ime the person who says they are a girly girl will then go on to say, 'I'm bubbly' and 'I'm a real people person'.

mollyroger Sat 19-Sep-09 16:52:45

vom

mollyroger Sat 19-Sep-09 16:52:55

vom

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:55:54

lol at vom.
I said to ds1 today I wanted some edible glitter for the cakes i am making and he said " oh oyu are such a girl"

well i am teh only one in the house fgs

bodeniites Sat 19-Sep-09 16:56:01

have to agree "bubbly" often means they never stop talking makes me think of Vicky in the Archers

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:57:59

there was a woman on come dine with me who seemed to have no job apart from being "a girly girl"

she was vile
the type who hates fish

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 19-Sep-09 17:04:45

Agree with ahundredtimes, nobody's a girl post-puberty. I can just about stomach it from VERY old women, it was the manner of speech they grew up with, but I just boak when anyone my age describes themselves as a girl.

bodeniites Sat 19-Sep-09 17:07:10

pmsl what on earth is "the type who hates fish"?

OrmIrian Sat 19-Sep-09 17:08:04

I'm not even a girl. How can I be a girly one hmm

CrackPirate Sat 19-Sep-09 17:09:04

I hate fish. They are evil. But am still not girly.

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 17:09:47

you know the type who is picky abotu food and wont drive on motorways AND doesnt have her own chiffing email address

OrmIrian Sat 19-Sep-09 17:10:41

noah - I know the type. They don't like fish because it has icky bits and eyes hmm

CrackPirate Sat 19-Sep-09 17:20:03

The eyes, the eyes [shudder]

BalloonSlayer Sat 19-Sep-09 18:23:55

I saw a car the other day which was silver but was festooned with pink flowers and stars. It had a pink steering wheel and other pink doodads inside (I have noted with consternation that there is now a pink accessory aisle in Halfords.)

On the back of the car it had printed - no word of a lie - "Powered by Fairydust."

Given that Gussie Fink-Nottle is a fictional character, do you think the driver of a car like this will ever get a boyfriend?

mollyroger Sat 19-Sep-09 18:24:24

and they don't read books, only magazines and they sneer they don't have time to read, and yet watch every episode of X-facotr-come-talent-on-ice...
And they can't cook because everything is icky to touch and they seem to think having boys is a punishment inflcited on the less worthy, for not being girly enough.

BalloonSlayer Sat 19-Sep-09 18:26:14

And they do everything with the very tips of their fingers.

mollyroger Sat 19-Sep-09 18:26:42

I did have a nice t-shirt in my youth which was purple and said: don't fuck off the fairies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now