Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be peed off with my sis.

(29 Posts)
abouteve Fri 18-Sep-09 16:15:02

She's been abroad for a couple of weeks, I asked her if she would bring me 200 cigs back. She doesn't smoke herself so not using up her allowance.

OK so I know smoking is bad for me but I only smoke 10 a day and this would have saved me quite a lot of money as I'm feeling the pinch atm.

She didn't bring them, couldn't find my brand in resort and they were rushed at the airport so no time to browse.

It's not really the fact that she didn't bring the cigs but more that she couldn't just do one thing that I asked, I don't ask much. I was so looking forward to her getting back because I've been missing her but this has peed me off.

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 18-Sep-09 16:18:14

YABU

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 18-Sep-09 16:19:22

Of course YABU. You know you are really, don't you?

Bleatblurt Fri 18-Sep-09 16:19:45

Why are you even peed off? She tried to get them but couldn't. YABU.

ChunkyMonkeysMum Fri 18-Sep-09 16:20:07

YABU........She said she couldn't find your brand !! Where did you expect her to get them from ??????

echofalls Fri 18-Sep-09 16:21:53

YABU

Don't know where she was but I know in Spain you need to go to a tobanconist, you can't just buy them in the supermarket. Also the prices rose rapidly in the summer so it likely you wouldn't have saved that much anyway.

purpleduck Fri 18-Sep-09 16:22:39

So your extremely bad/ life shortening habit is not her first priority when she is rushed at an airport shock

grin

You know YABU

diddl Fri 18-Sep-09 16:23:14

YABU.

Use it as a kickstart to give up & save money!

MorrisZapp Fri 18-Sep-09 16:24:36

This is a joke, right?

angrypixie Fri 18-Sep-09 16:31:05

YABU But then you know that. I would have refused to get them for you in the first place, I don't want to be complicit in shortening my sisters life.

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Fri 18-Sep-09 16:39:38

YABU

BroodyChook Fri 18-Sep-09 16:45:26

YABU.

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Fri 18-Sep-09 16:47:01

YABU

she tried to find them could not and did not have time at the airport

try roll ups, IIRC they are cheaper than cigarettes

maybe if you are feeling the pinch it is a good time to give up or cut down

don';t dare have a go at her!

oldraver Fri 18-Sep-09 16:51:55

To be honest I find the whole 'ooh can you bring me back' thing a pain. My Mum used to be obsessed by duty free and it was one of the highlights of her hols. I cant be doing with the hassle of carrying extra bags and stuff so I usually dont bother.. I can understand her being rushed at the airport, last time I came back it took over an hour and half to go from queing for check in the get to departure. Therewas only enough time to go to the loo

MorrisZapp Fri 18-Sep-09 16:55:52

Good point old raver. Having said that, if my DP or best mate get the chance to go to New York I always present them with an itemised shopping list and pile of crisp greenbacks grin

I sourced a J Crew cashmere hat and scarf online, printed off details and gave DP a knowing look. He found them!!

Hurrah for international shopping without leaving the comfort of your own home.

(wouldn't ask anybody but him or best mate though, is a bit of a liberty really)

DiplodocusDeb Fri 18-Sep-09 17:13:44

"she couldn't just do one thing that I asked, I don't ask much."

abouteve, you are not that bothered about the cigs (last para). Although it would have saved some money (yes, agree smoking's bad).

You were looking forward to ds coming back, but now you're fed up not because she's forgotten the cigarettes but because you think she's been thoughtless or not made enough effort.

YABU because she had some valid reasons for not bringing the cigarettes.

Maybe you feel she doesn't make enough effort "don't ask much" and this has topped it.

BethNoire Fri 18-Sep-09 17:17:12

Goodness OP<anybody would think you're an addict!

Ah yes......

YABU

preciouslillywhite Fri 18-Sep-09 17:19:36

I'm an ex smoker.

YANBU smile

that would have really pissed me off a while ago.

In the meantime, switch to roll ups, as Lulumamaaaarr says. you'll never look back (until you're like me, hunched bitterly over keyboard sucking a Nicotinell!)

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 18-Sep-09 17:20:01

YABU

argento Fri 18-Sep-09 17:20:14

YABU - she tried to get them and couldn't, and she probably wasn't inclined to go out of her way to get you something that's so bad for you!

paisleyleaf Fri 18-Sep-09 17:24:02

You sound like you've been pacing up and down outside the airport, waiting for a ciggie.

AuntieMaggie Fri 18-Sep-09 17:27:25

Yep YABU.

abouteve Fri 18-Sep-09 18:11:59

Just got back to this. I knew IWBU really but felt close to tears at the time. blush

I guess if it had been a giant toblerone I might have got a little more sympathy. grin

Seeing her in a mo and I won't have a go, did feel as though she couldn't be bothered after all they sell the brand on the plane. Giving up now that's an idea.

preciouslillywhite Fri 18-Sep-09 18:18:12

Bet you right, abouteve- it's only cos it's fags you get the BU.

Like asking "I asked my sis to smuggle crack up her fanny, but the lazy cow couldn't be bothered" grin

abouteve Fri 18-Sep-09 18:19:52

plw grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now