Talk

Advanced search

to be getting more stressed by the second......?

(18 Posts)
Malificence Fri 18-Sep-09 12:08:50

Daughter moves into halls at Uni tomorrow and there is all her stuff everywhere I turn, I've just opened the all in one printer we bought for her and it hasn't got a usb cable with it, even though it's essentialangry, anyhoo, she's in town so I ring her to tell her to get one, "what makes you think I've even got time to get one" says she, erm because you're in the shopping centre and Dixons is one floor up perhaps?
She can fanny about in River island ( when she already has more clothes than Paris Hilton), but hasn't got time to get something she needs so I've lost my rag and told her if she can't be bothered then neither can I.
I'm still annoyed that we got up early this morning to go into town and get an airer for her and when we got home she had got up and gone into town herself, this was after texting me to get her a battery charger!
And she's landed me with 3 pairs of jeans to be washed and dried for tomorrow.
AAAAAArgh!!!!!

TeamEdward Fri 18-Sep-09 12:12:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AuntieMaggie Fri 18-Sep-09 12:12:16

I think you've done more than enough for her - let her get her own cable (she won't need to use it straight away anyway) and let her wash her own jeans!

Sagacious Fri 18-Sep-09 12:13:44

Let her sort it out herself.
I wouldn't wash the jeans

But I am very mean.

groundhogs Fri 18-Sep-09 12:14:16

I'm with AuntieMaggie soft introduction to the crash landing she's going to get when you are NOT at her beck and call...

can feel MY stress levels rising just reading about it...

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 18-Sep-09 12:14:21

Don't do another thing for you and she should not be speaking to you like that.

She can wash and dry her own jeans.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 18-Sep-09 12:15:06

Don't do anything for her....

randomtask Fri 18-Sep-09 12:42:29

I'd tell her she needs to learn how to use washing machines and stand on her own two feet....

Malificence Fri 18-Sep-09 13:41:27

Even more stressed now.
I picked up a Sainsburys "meal ticket" card this morning, I specifically asked if I could sort it out online, I was told yes.
Just tried to register it online and guess what, you have to bloody activate it instore!
For fuck's sake, I've had enough of today and I haven't even been to work yet.

Daughter can easily stand on her own two feet, she just seems to have regressed into a stroppy 14 year old this week. She's murder when she's not had enough sleep, as am I , tomorrow's going to be a barrel of laughs, not - we've got to be on the road for 9am and she will be out till around 2am tonight as she's meeting her mates before they all go their separate ways.
At least she's packed but the amount of stuff she is taking is unbelievable - it's a good job we have a people carrier with seats that come out!

thesecondcoming Fri 18-Sep-09 14:11:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lizziemun Fri 18-Sep-09 14:53:04

It sounds like every one is stressed and maybe a little worried about tomorrow.

Don't worry about the cable, she can sort once she there.

Wash and dry her jeans for her, pack what you can put what you can away in the car tonight to save stress tomorrow.

And pack plenty of hankies as it sounds like you're both need them.

Sagacious Fri 18-Sep-09 16:16:53

Perhaps I'm projecting a little (I was chucked out at 18) so all this care and concern is a little alien to me grin

You sound like a lovely mum

If you have a spare room will you adopt me ?

I promise to wash my jeans.

(Hope it goes well tommorrow)

TeamEdwardTango Fri 18-Sep-09 16:25:00

The regressive teenager thing sounds like insecurity. Give her big hug and remind her how much you will miss her.
Where is she going? Is it very far?
I went very far from home, only came home in the holidays and it was tough, but good for me.
Hope everything goes well tomorrow. grin

purpleduck Fri 18-Sep-09 16:27:45

She is sqeezing out every last bit of her childhood. Giver her a break, she is probably very excited/scared/nervous etc

Malificence Fri 18-Sep-09 16:37:50

I know, it's just the stress of the situation.
She has all the very worst of my personality traits unfortunately, and none of her dad's laid-backness - he'll be the buffer for the both of us tomorrow.
Everything's sorted now, she got a cable, I washed her jeans and they are drying on the radiators.
She's only going an hour away but she's realised her life will be very different, no car for one thing, a limited budget, no-one to bring her breakfast up in the morning.
She is a bit spoilt I'm afraid, being an "only", but she is more than capable of looking after herself.
I'm actually dreading tomorrow and my hubby will be worse than me.

MitchyInge Fri 18-Sep-09 16:38:39

Awww @ all the meanies on here! My eldest daughter is leaving in a couple of weeks to live and work in another country, it's such a mixed time tempers are already fraying so goodness knows what the final 24 hours will be like!

Good luck, hope you get everything together in time.

dilemma456 Fri 18-Sep-09 22:10:33

Message withdrawn

Sagacious Fri 18-Sep-09 22:21:39

Oi Dilemma
I think I baggsied it already

Tea (milk no sugar)
Bacon sandwich (toasted on white with HP sauce and grilled tomatoes)
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Copy of the Guardian daily mail

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now