Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that DH might chose a scroggy towel to take camping and not one of the decent white ones

(20 Posts)
hatwoman Thu 17-Sep-09 20:23:25

I am aren't I? I know I am.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Thu 17-Sep-09 20:25:04

grin YABU to expect him to notice that there are different towels

trixymalixy Thu 17-Sep-09 20:26:12

My DH did this as well.

YANBU, it really pissed me off.

SixtyFootDoll Thu 17-Sep-09 20:27:09

YEs DH takes all my best towels to they gym, to rugby training ets, drives me insane!

Pikelit Thu 17-Sep-09 20:52:09

At least he can find the towels without saying "where do we keep towels now?" To which the answer is "in the same farkin airing cupboard as before we had the work done on the house!"

Sake!

But no, YANBU.

hatwoman Thu 17-Sep-09 22:51:05

and the worst of it is there's every possibility he could end up sharing the towel with the dog hmm

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Thu 17-Sep-09 22:57:46

YANBU to be miffed but, as has been said, YABU to expect him to tell the difference between scroggy and pristine.

My dh ignores the scroggy tea towels I save for the purpose and uses the decent ones to wipe down his motorbike. Is it genetic, do you think?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Thu 17-Sep-09 22:59:22

My towels don't get any more grim when I'm cammping. You take them to the showers, you use them, you hang them up to dry... what's the difference?

hanaboo Thu 17-Sep-09 23:13:58

mary.... you're not a man though are you ;) lol

CybilLiberty Thu 17-Sep-09 23:15:11

Are you like Monica in Friends with 12 different towel categories?

Fancy, Guest, Fancy Guest...

hatwoman Thu 17-Sep-09 23:17:26

hang them up to dry after a shower? we are talking 6 men in a tent here. tbh I'd be surpised if there was any showering going on never mind towel hanging.

needanothername Thu 17-Sep-09 23:18:45

utterly unreasonable. He's a man.

hatwoman Thu 17-Sep-09 23:20:36

hmmm towel categories....let me think...
dog
decent (white and beige)(used by us, children and guests)
swimming
old (used by us, children and guests if needs must)
I don't think that puts me on a par with Monica but perhaps 4 is a category too many...

Pikelit Fri 18-Sep-09 00:23:26

We used to have two categories of towel - human and dog.

Now I have "useless" to the list since buying far too many IKEA towels that don't dry but do leave a micro-layer of orange fluff all over bathroom.

If only someone would use the poxy things to clean their motorcycle.

SixtyFootDoll Fri 18-Sep-09 07:30:01

I have 3 categories of towels
Best - for me and guests
the rest - DH and DCs
Swimming/beach towels!!

SixtyFootDoll Fri 18-Sep-09 07:30:03

I have 3 categories of towels
Best - for me and guests
the rest - DH and DCs
Swimming/beach towels!!

diddl Fri 18-Sep-09 07:33:59

He packed his own things??!!

Couldn´t you have replaced it or just asked him not to take a white one?

YANBU

MoChan Sat 19-Sep-09 12:07:33

All my towels are rubbish, so this would never come up. But if I did have any nice ones, I'd probably expect them to be accorded some respect. I will therefore conclude that YANBU.

I would quite like some nice towels, actually.

badgermonkey Sat 19-Sep-09 12:21:29

We have loads of white towels, including two bath sheets that DH uses. But he insists on pulling the manky peach bath sheet out of the deepest depths of the airing cupboard and using that, which means it is forever strewn across the end of the bed/on the bathroom floor etc etc. And it really is the ugliest thing ever (Christmas present from ILs, natch). He says he "doesn't want to get the white ones dirty". But they're white! I can stick them on a hot wash and shove Oxiclean in with them - it's actually easier than washing coloured crap. But to no avail. The peach towel is going to meet a sticky end soon, I can tell.

teamcullen Sat 19-Sep-09 12:27:18

Igot lovely thick white towels last year as a christmas present. I put them away until DH decorated the bathroom... they are still there angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now