Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with DH (long)

(4 Posts)
Namechangedincaseoflurking Thu 17-Sep-09 17:41:55

I've changed my name. Don't know if DH lurks.

Anyway, I put my name down to become a First Responder. It's a volunteer part of the ambulance service. DH said he didn't want me to do it. Thought it was a bad idea, risk involved, etc. I spoke to some people who have been involved and gave DH all the info on what types of calls I'd be involved in. I got all my documents ready for the interview. DH asked why I had them all out and I told him why. His answer was 'I told you I didn't want you to do that but you're obviously going to do what you want anyway'. I've got my interview and course next weekend. He's supervising a scout camp. He could take DS with him. I mentioned the dates for the interview and said I would need to find baby sitters or I'd have to cancel. His response was 'well you'll just have to cancel then'. Not even an offer of he could take DS. I've been wanting to do this for ages. I'd love to be an ambulance technician and then a paramedic but it's not financially possible just now.

I can't believe he's being like this. I've never objected to him going away diving or having time to do what he wants. Because he doesn't want me to do this he refuses to try to help. I was really upset last night but now I just need to find a babysitter because I really want to do this course.

mumeeee Thu 17-Sep-09 17:44:30

He's probably worried about you.I would try and talk to him again and ask why he really doesn't want you to do it.

Namechangedincaseoflurking Thu 17-Sep-09 17:50:54

I understand that he may be worried but I gave him all the info, talked about it. It's just his attitude. I told him about the interview and he was really horrible about it. It was also something he'd considered doing.

I've been on observer shifts on ambulances, worked as our emergency team at work and really enjoyed it. It would be nice if I could get some support for it. I mentioned it when one of his mates was round last night and he was smug about telling me I'd have to cancel if I couldn't find a sitter. This year is the first time I've asked anyting. I started a Uni course at night scholl and he's not happy that it interferes with him going diving. I get told that it's more important, me going to Uni but it's not what he means.

clam Thu 17-Sep-09 18:05:11

You have to find a babysitter? For his son? While you go on a course (aka work) and he does..... what? hmm hmm

YANBU. He needs a slap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now