Talk

Advanced search

To be a little put out by the blatant favouritism?

(17 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Thu 17-Sep-09 10:47:44

Message withdrawn

IsItMeOr Thu 17-Sep-09 10:52:50

I thought dogs were supposed to be like a member of the family, so can't see why they'd bother to send him home after a week anyway tbh.

Plus ime it is very different asking your DD vs your DDIL to do things.

Sorry, tired and probably missing something.

stonethecrows Thu 17-Sep-09 10:56:00

I'm sorry - not getting the problem here. You're annoyed because your parents haven't asked somebody to move into their house to look after their dog which will be on holiday with them anyway????

I'm guessing that there are other underlying issues going on here. But from your opening post...YABU.

diddl Thu 17-Sep-09 10:56:31

Is your Dad really so tired that he can´t look after a dog whilst on holiday?

What did your hubby think about you moving to your parents house too look after the dog?

It is perhaps harder for them to ask their son´s wife to do something than their own daughter.

Just because you did it, why should they?
If you didn´t want to do it why did you?

If you did want to do it, what´s the problem?

YABU is my conclusion!

BitOfFun Thu 17-Sep-09 11:01:24

<strokes Cyradis' hair and passes some nice tea and biccies>

YABU though grin

CyradisTheSeer Thu 17-Sep-09 11:03:59

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Thu 17-Sep-09 11:04:18

cyradis.....don't worry,i get what you're saying. i know how it feels when parents favour in this way!

bentneckwine1 Thu 17-Sep-09 11:08:08

Maybe they don't trust the brother and SIL to look after the dog and not trash the house!! That's what happens when you are so sensible and reliable...you get all the 'nice' jobs!!

CyradisTheSeer Thu 17-Sep-09 11:10:44

Message withdrawn

diddl Thu 17-Sep-09 11:16:56

They should have asked you,of course to look after the dog rather than assume.

But if your brother works, that would leave your SIL on her own alll day in her ILs house.
I wouldn´t want that, TBH.

CyradisTheSeer Thu 17-Sep-09 11:24:59

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Thu 17-Sep-09 11:32:05

grrrrr....families!!

i'm the girl,brothers the boy (obviously lol) but the seist favouritism i put up with has really affected me.

for example,my parents actively encouraged my brother to go to 6th form,then uni,to build a brilliant career....i had to beg and beg to be allowed to stay at 6th form,and not allowed uni,they wouldn't support me. this was down to 'boys need to be able to support families,girls can just marry' attitude....same with learning to drive,brother was given lessons and was bought a car....

actually,looking back,there was so much....and yes,am expected to do the washing up,all 'caring' roles

and my brother scoffs at me trying to do an OU 'toytown' degree.

ReneRusso Thu 17-Sep-09 11:37:35

In response to IsItMeOr: dogs are a PITA on holiday. Member of the family or not, sometimes you need a holiday from your dog. But why is kennels not an option?
OP, I understand your irritation, but you have obviously been a pushover very accommodating in the past, doesn't mean your bro and SIL will be the same.

ReneRusso Thu 17-Sep-09 11:38:59

ILoveTIFFANY shock at your story, that's outrageous

CyradisTheSeer Thu 17-Sep-09 11:55:17

Message withdrawn

diddl Thu 17-Sep-09 12:06:36

So your mother was able to look after the dog on holiday.
It wasn´t all down to your dad?

IsItMeOr Thu 17-Sep-09 18:22:06

Thanks for the clarification Rene - we're a cat family and she always going to the kitty chalet while we're on hols.

Cyradis - you have my sympathy for the wider family issues that you can't go into here. I'm sure YANBU there grin.

And ILoveTIFFANY shock, I thought that sort of thinking went out decades ago. And your brother's attitude to OU is appalling. Friend did OU degree while working full time and I can tell you that was worth way more respect than the ones other friends got while messing around for 3 years. Good luck with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now