Talk

Advanced search

to think Aviva are trying to make my head explode?

(11 Posts)
MitchyInge Thu 17-Sep-09 10:44:32

I have a few things to sort out, like my mangled car and changing policy for old land rover and getting short term policy for borrowed vehicle in between, but it is impossible to get through on the phone. The automated thing just doesn't work, just keeps asking me over and over to repeat the registration. I finally spoke to a human being who said short term policies can only be arranged online but for the other business they would transfer my call - only for it to go to a dead end, an answering service asking me to leave a message. Am sure I just set up these policies quickly and easily on the phone originally.

I've wasted almost an hour of my life!

tyotya Thu 17-Sep-09 21:40:43

Personally I would do my car insurance through a broker. They are much, much better at organising amendments to policies, and will get you a better deal if you ever have to claim. They might be a smidge less cheap (though not always), but I've always found it's well worth it. Don't forget to buy legal insurance.

hatesponge Thu 17-Sep-09 21:53:08

I have the misfortune of having to deal with Aviva frequently at work. They are hopeless most of the time, it's not unusual to spend 30 minutes on hold!

Agree in future go through a broker, or insure with one of the smaller motor insurers who haven't shipped most of their operations offshore to save cash (which is Aviva's main problem)

addictedtomn Thu 17-Sep-09 22:03:04

i cant stand aviva, i used them when they were...you know i cant remember the name but they were rubbish then.

you have my sympathies

i didnt think insurance brokers were around anymore blush i really wouldnt know where to start looking for one!

Hormonesnomore Thu 17-Sep-09 22:33:24

Another complaint about Aviva (formerly Norwich Union addictedtomn smile) is the rainforests of paperwork they send out - I have a pension through them & a cupboard full of unnecessary paper which they like to send to me periodically. It's a shocking waste & something they really need to address.

Hormonesnomore Thu 17-Sep-09 22:34:50

I should add I think it's unnecessary paper, but I keep it in case it's something vitally important - haven't got round to reading it all yet grin

MitchyInge Thu 17-Sep-09 23:48:37

ahh I am not alone

well at least they have finally taken my car away, wonder if I will ever see it again? I probably should have taken more than just my riding hat and a mouldy apple out of it

have never ever used a broker but that's a great idea, I will have a look for one tomorrow - cheers!

MitchyInge Mon 21-Sep-09 12:05:32

aaarrrgghhhhh I physically cannot COPE

why why why does the number on the VAN insurance certificate take me (eventually, after reading policy number out a hundred thousand times) to the CAR team who put me on hold for five months while transferring me to the VAN team I thought I was calling in the first place?

I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM

MitchyInge Mon 21-Sep-09 12:09:18

'please call back in an hour, our computers are down'

but am collecting my temporary car in an hour you bastards

MmeLindt Mon 21-Sep-09 12:12:24

I just hate them for spending god knows how many millions rebranding to Aviva (and so many annoying adverts) when they should spend their money actually improving customer servie.

Bet they go back to Norwich Union, or something completely different in a couple of years.

MitchyInge Mon 21-Sep-09 12:43:36

I cannot believe I am stoooooopid enough to be on hold, waiting for the privilege of taking out yet another policy with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now