Talk

Advanced search

to tell DH that as he seems to be out/away more than he's home, I should advertise for a DH job share?

(15 Posts)
Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 19:12:23

I was rather hoping George Clooney might be available! grin

DH is especially busy at work at the moment - lots of travel abroad, and meetings/dinners etc when he's home. I have had about 5 emails to "put things in the calendar" in the last week. And he had to miss parent's evening at dd's new school due to a teleconference despite 2 weeks notice.

I don't mind really, but in reply to the last request - some dinner at the end of the month - I pointed out that he seems to have gone part time on the husband/father front and that maybe i should advertise the vacancy.....

Lizzylou Wed 16-Sep-09 19:13:53

I am in same boat atm.
Tuesday DH got up at 4am and got in at 10pm.

Now where's Daniel Craig's number? wink

TheCrackFox Wed 16-Sep-09 19:20:38

I have forgotten what my DH looks like. His work has been beyond crazy this past month.

Is there a list available for these part time husbands? Rupert Penry Jones would be nice.

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 16-Sep-09 19:37:59

Oh yes. I wonder if Patrick Dempsey is free.

Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 19:41:01

Now with Patrick Dempsey you are really talking! grin I might not be able to afford to PAY him much, but I could offer an interesting BENEFITS package!

Lizzylou Wed 16-Sep-09 19:41:42

Oh, Rupert was my back up plan should Daniel be otherwise engaged.
Is it greedy to want 2 stand in DH's?

BonsoirAnna Wed 16-Sep-09 19:43:32

Why bother with a jobshare? Just tell your DH that you will employ a gigolo staff with his money to fill in the gaps smile

MmeLindt Wed 16-Sep-09 19:46:36

Good idea. I can offer George a Nespresso machine, he would feel right at home here.

Actually, I would prefer to have David Beckham, not for myself but I bet he would be good at keeping the DC amused.

So really, we need one gorgeous fantastic sex god plus a decent bloke for babysitting so that we can, ahem, take advantage of our jobshare DHs.

Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 19:52:55

MmeLindt - I like your thinking! Now dd wouldn't be impressed by David B (though I wouldn't mind a trial run wink). Maybe Justin from Cbeebies downstairs......and

Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 19:55:30

Lizzy - we need an Agency with a variety of <ahem> staff to fulfil a particular need. Now that Brad Pitt looks quite <coughs> flexible - good with the dcs, and could make himself useful once they are in bed!

MmeLindt Wed 16-Sep-09 20:01:18

Hmm, brad is a bit of a BOGOF in the DH job share market. Both DC and DW kept happy.

Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 20:33:21

Hear hear. Top wages for Brad then! Who else do we need? RPJ, GC and DB already invited....

PS if there IS a Mrs Justin, and she's a MNetter, we're not dissing Justin in the "hot" dept!

Lizzylou Wed 16-Sep-09 20:47:39

Yes, Brad is your all purpose man, GC would be good with pot bellied pigs, but could hardly envisage him playing Ben 10 with a 5 and a 3yr old.
Mind you, DC could do stunts in the garden to keep em amused (and them in the <ahem> bedroom).
Hmmm, there may be something in this........

MmeLindt Wed 16-Sep-09 20:52:14

I think GC is the guy for shopping and cooking.

Portofino Wed 16-Sep-09 20:59:49

Coffee and Martini certainly. grin

I'll be needing Patrick Dempsey permanently in the office to help me with the paperwork!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now