Talk

Advanced search

To have laughed at the stupid neds?

(23 Posts)
Confuzzeled Tue 15-Sep-09 17:37:36

Walking to dd's nursery to pick her up and there's 2 neds walking in front of me. I have no idea how old they were, somewhere between 15 and 25.

There's a squirrel that lives in the tree's outside the nursery, me and dd call him Mr Nuts, he's pretty friendly.

Mr Nuts is sitting on a branch above the pavement. The neds stop and one of them tries to grab him, he easily hops to another branch. The neds start grabbing branches and Mr Nuts just hops away. They then start spitting into the branches. Just as I'm passing them (giving them plenty of space) one of them spits straight up and it comes back down and hits the other one in the face.

I couldn't help but laugh my head off all the way to the nursery door and all the way home and I'm still giggling as I type.

Sometimes there is justice.

2shoescarriedapumpkin Tue 15-Sep-09 17:39:53

lol I would have pmsl
but what is a ned

Hando Tue 15-Sep-09 17:41:02

What is a ned then?

BigusBumus Tue 15-Sep-09 17:41:22

ned??????

Confuzzeled Tue 15-Sep-09 17:42:16

Non Educated Delinquent

Or a Chav or Schemie

ComeOVeneer Tue 15-Sep-09 17:43:35

Quick goole reveals it is the scottish equivalent to a chav hmm

InMyLittleHead Tue 15-Sep-09 17:43:50

The only NED I know stands for non-executive director. Probably not what you mean...

But yes I would have probably weed a little bit with laughing.

ComeOVeneer Tue 15-Sep-09 17:44:23

Ned

Confuzzeled Tue 15-Sep-09 17:45:41

Bugger.

I thought Ned was a term everyone used, I forgot about Chav.

2shoescarriedapumpkin Tue 15-Sep-09 17:45:50

Schemie another new one

MmeLindt Tue 15-Sep-09 17:46:42

I had no idea what a ned is, but yes, I would have laughed at them too. Well done Mr Nuts.

SomeGuy Tue 15-Sep-09 17:49:53

neds is a nicer word than chav, it sounds like some sort of fashion victim subculture, like mods or goths.

fartmeistergeneral Tue 15-Sep-09 17:53:14

Ah, the sign of another Scottish person on Mumsnet, who uses 'ned' with ease.

lovely, lovely neds

InMyLittleHead Tue 15-Sep-09 18:02:48

I'm imagining Mr Nuts to be smart but cheeky in the manner of Squirrel Nutkin, a squirrel about town if you like.

Mr Nuts - 1
NEDs - 0

dizzymare Tue 15-Sep-09 18:05:36

It would be have been funnier if Mrnuts had lifted a leg and pissed on them.grinInfact, do squirrels lift their legs blush

fartmeistergeneral Tue 15-Sep-09 18:05:51

Mr Nuts is cool! It would have been funnier still if he'd also wet himself laughing.

fartmeistergeneral Tue 15-Sep-09 18:06:10

Dizzymare - snap!

dizzymare Tue 15-Sep-09 18:06:47

grin

LynetteScavo Tue 15-Sep-09 18:11:23

LOL!

Spitting at a squirel.

"Ned"

ROFL!!!! grin

Ripeberry Tue 15-Sep-09 18:11:51

Hope they did not see you laughing at them because they would have beaten you up shock
We have a familly of Chavs down the road and just before school started a couple of them decided for some reason to play with some petrol (were filling up the petrol mower) and one of them was smoking at the same time.
Needless to say you can guess what happened next.....but they were very lucky, just singed their arm hairs.
But I was more [shocked] at their mum, who said that they could have blown up the mower!
What about your kids love, they are only 14yrs old! angry

Madascheese Tue 15-Sep-09 18:11:55

Mr Nuts is a legend.

You are a legend for giggling and teaching your daughter that stupid boys who do stupid thing are to be laughed at.

*takes hat off to confuzzled*

xMad

Confuzzeled Tue 15-Sep-09 18:12:06

grin

Mr Nuts is pretty hard, we saw him chase off a magpie once. He made a sound like a crow, honestly I'd never have said squirrels made that noise unless I'd heard it.

Bleatblurt Tue 15-Sep-09 18:16:56

Hooray, another ned and schemie user. grin

I am lmao at the spitting into his mates face! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now