Talk

Advanced search

to be super excited my sister took the morning after pill?

(15 Posts)
worrierlady Tue 15-Sep-09 10:09:26

Background is, BIL has never seemed to be that interested in sex which has worried my sister but, to be fair, my sister had 'issues' with sex anyway.

BIL was a while ago found out for joining internet dating sites and my sister was understandably upset and wondering if her marriage had worked.

I spoke to her this morning and she'd had to get the morning after pill after 'condom issues'.

DH thinks it's funny I'm so happy about it but, to me, that means their relationship is improving! Plus, she has problems with the normal pill and didn't get any side effects so two positives.

AIBU to be happy for this reason?!

PrincessToadstool Tue 15-Sep-09 10:11:31

Well, super excited is a bit extreme.

Actually your post is weird. Wondering if her marriage 'had worked'? Okay.

And I don't get how her taking the MAP is a sign of an improved relationship.

But, whatever, glad you're thrilled!

doggiesayswoof Tue 15-Sep-09 10:13:48

I don't understand your post.

Do you think everything's ok because they have actually had sex?

This tells you precisely nothing about the state of any relationship I'm afraid

Rindercella Tue 15-Sep-09 10:17:18

Sorry, I agree this is a bit of an odd thing to be 'super excited' about. I fail to understand how your sister taking the morning after pill equals her marriage working?

worrierlady Tue 15-Sep-09 10:17:48

No but I know they've not really ever had sex unless they are wanting to have children and really not had any since their DC2 was born 4 years ago.

I don't think it means their relationship is sorted but I do think it means they're trying to make it work which is a positive to me.

Didn't mean 'marriage had worked' meant could work. Should read before I press 'create'!!

GlibGib Tue 15-Sep-09 10:18:34

leeeeetle weird but hey, whatever floats your boat baby.

IdrisTheDragon Tue 15-Sep-09 10:20:13

I find your post a bit weird too. Tbh I would more feel that your sister had either had sex unwilingly, worried and took the morning after pill or BIL had sex unwillingly, worried and she took the morning after pill.

MANATEEequineOHARA Tue 15-Sep-09 10:21:26

This is a bit strange.

worrierlady Tue 15-Sep-09 10:23:07

No she took the morning after pill as they don't want more children which to me is reasonable.

MANATEEequineOHARA Tue 15-Sep-09 10:36:28

Ok, so sensible...but 'super excited'. I am guessing you must be very close to your sister or something because I am afraid I don't understand!

pigletmania Tue 15-Sep-09 11:00:19

Whaaaat are you on about worrierlady, can you explain in more detail. I would not be excited about my sister taking the morning after pill nothing to be happy about i am afraid.

pigletmania Tue 15-Sep-09 11:01:47

if they dont want more children what about taking the pill, or injection or whatever contraception. The morning after pill is NOT CONTRACEPTION

RealityIsNOTDetoxing Tue 15-Sep-09 11:02:16

Message withdrawn

stoppingat3 Tue 15-Sep-09 11:30:14

OP - I understand where you are coming from, perhaps super excited is a bit of a stretch!
pigletmania - if you read op it would appear (to me) that there was a problem with the condom and that the MAP was taken as emergency - exactly what it is there for!

Morloth Tue 15-Sep-09 11:33:25

Weird post. I am quite close to my sisters and we talk about all sorts of things, but I can't imagine being excited that one of them took the morning after pill.

Relieved perhaps on her behalf that she wouldn't be getting pregnant if she didn't want to be, sympathetic that it was necessary, but not excited, let alone super.

IME the MAP is a PITA!

Very odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now