Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to eat half a packet of biscuits every day? (plus a little bit of cake)

(11 Posts)
naturopath Mon 14-Sep-09 20:56:53

well am I? at 6 weeks post natal? I think it's v reasonable but others think I'm getting fat (have already lost 1 1/2 stone since giving birth - one more stone to lose).

Egg Mon 14-Sep-09 21:02:19

I ate tons of biscuits after giving birth, esp to DS1. Everyone gave me those lovely M&S huge tins of biscuits so I just ate and ate smile. Never did me any harm (yet).

littleducks Mon 14-Sep-09 21:02:34

dont do it

i am desperately trying to loose weight now, i overate after ds was born (lots of biscuits at 2 am when bfing etc)

when i had dd i got pg while bfing so then the weight fell off in the pregnancy but as i am not pg this time its not shifting

have treats but be careful how much

EyeballsintheSky Mon 14-Sep-09 21:04:19

You'll end up like me if you do....

CloudDragon Mon 14-Sep-09 21:04:52

I never lost my weight sad.

Just eat 1/4 of the pack.

naturopath Mon 14-Sep-09 21:41:05

oh gosh - I thiought everyone would say it's fine! Do I really have to give up?? Not sure what I'll eat to replace the craving? DO you think cocopops would be ok?

drlove8 Mon 14-Sep-09 21:48:59

chew on a bickypeg! - that will cure you of biscuit cravings wink

ineedalifelaundry Mon 14-Sep-09 21:55:27

Who dares tell you you're getting fat 6 weeks after giving birth? You're still recovering fgs! Eat all the biscuits you want. Now is not the time to worry about it. Have one for me!

Crapweasel Mon 14-Sep-09 22:03:53

Definitely agree that anyone who dares tell as post natal woman that they're getting fat should be shot <disclaimer - I don't actually mean shot>

But OTH that is a lot of fat and sugar to be consuming every day and you are in danger of making it a habit.

Sure you need some extra calories for BF and you are presumably knackered also. But, assuming you are, and intend to continue, BF then you are in this for the long haul. Ditto the sleepless nights may continue for a good while yet (sorry, not what you want to hear I know) and I really don't think that your current diet is healthily sustainable.

PS Congrats on the new arrival smile

SingingBear Mon 14-Sep-09 22:08:48

Message withdrawn

Nicolaplus1 Mon 14-Sep-09 22:19:29

9 month on 9 month off!!!!

I have although just got to the 9 month mark and its still on LOL

I am still a great beleiber in it though ie just always been a little slow at stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now